Flattening label for Matrix survey questions

Related products: None

Currently, Survey flattening labels do not align to Matrix style sub-questions, thus reporting results in a blank value. It is imperative the flattening label either equate the main question flattening label or each sub-question is allowed to have their own flattening label.

If you have multiple Matrix style questions with similar sub-questions, it can be difficult to understand what response aligns to what Matrix.

@GraceP sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for the sharing the problem here. 

I will definitely share this with the product team, do you have any suggestions from your end  to solve this? 

Hi @GraceP, flattening labels of sub questions in matrix style questions follow the nomenclature [flattening label of parent question]-[sub question text]

Can you share more details about the challenge you are facing? Would help us advise you better.

Hi @GraceP, flattening labels of sub questions in matrix style questions follow the nomenclature [flattening label of parent question]-[sub question text]

Can you share more details about the challenge you are facing? Would help us advise you better.

@GraceP please share more details to help you better. 

Hello @sai_ram and @richa_bala,

This was discussed in a ticket (142668) that may better outline my request. 

Essentially, I have a matrix question and created a flattening label:

However, a report does not include anything in the flattening label field for matrix questions:

The Flattening Label doesn’t seem to matter at all for Matrix questions as the respondent is never going to actually respond to the main question, only the sub-questions.

We were hoping to have a report that outlines all the survey questions in order (we are using the Flattening label for that) to make it more consumable for the team.

Thanks!

Hi @GraceP, thanks for explaining. I have made note of this in our product backlog.