Flag fields in MDA as "filterable"

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

I know we have the "hide in reporting" flag in MDA, but it would be helpful to also have a "Filterable" flag so that a field may still show up in reports, but not be able to be selected in filters from a dashboard.

We have end users trying to use fields as filters that aren't giving them expected results because they just don't understand the data. Especially this is true for fields we are using operationally for backend utilities, but aren't necessarily needed for front-end user use.

It generates a lot of "noise" so it would be helpful to hide these from dashboard filters only.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting this ask.

A couple of Questions:

You mean these fields used for operational purposes most likely don't show up in Show Me and you don't want the end user to see them in filters, right?

On report builder should they be hidden from filters? What about, GroupBy, Ranking etc?

An exact use case would help further. 

Thanks

Venky
For example, I have an object that has two Product Family fields: Product Family and GS Product Family.

Product Family is fed to us from an external source.  It is not reflective of how we want the PF categorized, so I created another column, GS Product Family which contains what I want PF to look like.

But when I add a report to a dashboard, both still show up - which confuses end users. 

I still want this available to ME in the Report Builder, however.   I just need to be able to determine what fields are available to filters on a dashboard.

Come to think of it, this applies to Customer Info fields as well.  I have a "Layout Type" formula field that is used strictly to identify which C360 layout is applied to a customer.  It's meaningless to end users and therefore I want to obscure it from the filters list on a dashboard, but still be able to leverage it in the Report Builder.

Also, the layers of lookups when adding reports built off of MDA objects to dashboards creates operational headaches:

Several of the lookups in the above example aren't even applicable to us.  It would be great if I could hide them.