Question

Configure Security Access for Dashboards

We want to roll-out Gainsight to other internal departments. However, we do not want them to have full access to see all the Dashboards we have created. Is there a way to limit security so different users can have visibility to certain Dashboards? Users should not have visibility into some of the Executivy/ VP Dashboards. Thank you!  

10 replies

Target ETA for this capability is Feb release.
We certainly see the need for limited Dashboard configuration! Looking forward to this update
Hi Govardhan,

I was looking for a support document on how to enable this but couldn't find one. Could you please help locate it?
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks for reminding me, Saumya!  I did find a single checkbox at the top of Administration > UI Views that says "Enabled" (or not) for Dashboard Permissions. I've set that to "Enabled", but, I never did find a place to configure who gets permission to what.
Thanks for your feedback Daria. At this point we do not have the ability to limit access by dashboard. I understand your use case and it is a good suggestion. We are adding and plan to add more access/permissions (last release - playbooks) and will provide an update once we have a more concrete plan on this use case.  
Userlevel 2
Badge
I was just looking for a way to do this and found this thread...  did this change happen yet?
Badge +1
Hi @Andy Roy,

yes it was implemented. Now you can configure the permission for Dashboard's. The user's who have permissions they only can access the Dashboard.
Yes, that's exactly where I am stuck too!
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hey All, With this Winter release we have enhance our dashboard permissions .We have also removed the limitations and its a server side search now. Please refer this document for permissions related information.  Please go through our release notes for more info.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi All, Our Winter Release notes is out,please refer this article.