Find String Formula

Related products: None

Hello Team, 

The Find String functionality is a must needed feature. For example, please refer to the below strings. I would like to get the first part of the string from the first letter till "-”.   From “CUSTOMER SUCCESS - CUSTOMER CARE TAM” I would like to extract “CUSTOMER SUCCESS”. From "CUSTOMER SUCCESS MGMT - PSM” I would like to extract “CUSTOMER SUCCESS MGMT”. There is no way to achieve this using the Gainsight String Formulas. 

In Excel, we can achieve this by writing a nested formula as below

=LEFT("CUSTOMER SUCCESS - CUSTOMER CARE TAM",(FIND("-","CUSTOMER SUCCESS - CUSTOMER CARE TAM")-1))

Result will be: CUSTOMER SUCCESS

=LEFT("CUSTOMER SUCCESS MGMT - CMM",(FIND("-","CUSTOMER SUCCESS MGMT - CMM")-1))

Result will be: CUSTOMER SUCCESS MGMT

CUSTOMER SUCCESS - CUSTOMER CARE TAM  
CUSTOMER SUCCESS - CUSTOMER CARE CLOUD  
CUSTOMER SUCCESS - RENEWAL MANAGEMENT  
CUSTOMER SUCCESS MGMT - CMM  
CUSTOMER SUCCESS MGMT - PSM  
CUSTOMER SUCCESS MGMT - ENTERPRISE  

@kumaranbcak sorry for the inconvenience, Please give a look into the documentation here, you will find a way to do it. Mean while I will also check the possibility from my end too.

Hi @kumaranbcak 

You can leverage Left formula in Rules Engine to achieve this. Let me know if you face any challenges.

Hi @kumaranbcak 

You can leverage Left formula in Rules Engine to achieve this. Let me know if you face any challenges.

@kumaranbcak did the comments help you here.

@rakesh  @sai_ram  - Thanks for your advise. I didn't look at this. Sorry for my miss.