Filter by Name of Rule within Rule Engine filter

Related products: None

Hello Product team, 

I would love to be able to filter by rule name. AS I am sure all Admins/CS OPs leaders have naming conventions for their rule. I would love to be able to filter out OBS/Retired rules.

Please let me know how to make this happen. Feel like this would be an easy request. 

@elliot_hullverson @gunjanm @bradley (looking for some confirmation guys, would this be helpful to everyone?)

Best Regards,

Hello @darshana.shah, thank you for your post. It wold be great if the Community could help you out here as well. Meanwhile looping in our Product Manager to take a look at your request and get back to you.

Hi Darshana,

You can always filter by a Rule name in Rule listing leveraging this. Basically filter for a bunch of rules as per the rule pattern. 

I do realize that some usecases you mentioned such as excluding a few rules which have a pattern is not possible today. Adding rule name to filters so that you can use multiple operators and advanced logic makes sense as an enhancement. @All do upvote if you want to see this sooner. 

I do agree with this, as I’ve had to use Rule Action IDs in the past when looking for CTAs created by a particular Rule, and that sort of thing. It doesn’t make for a very clean experience as it is veeeeery difficult to find those IDs. 

@rakesh  to me that is a search bar not a filter. 2 different functionalities. 

Best Regards,

Darshana Shah

Agreed on this. I use a naming convention that groups them based on initiatives.

So it’d be nice to have the rules page filter for my current initiative and then I could live search that set of rules.