Filter by Fiscal Quarter in Rules Engine

Related products: None

We would like the ability to filter by fiscal date within the Rules Engine Setup Rule. We have some rules that power MDA and reporting that report only on current FQ. Each new quarter, we have to manually adjust the dates to the current quarter, so this will become unscalable once our number of rules grow.

Hey Pat - Are you looking for options like FQ and FY that you see in report builder when your source object is from SFDC?
That is what I am looking for, I need to show opportunity amounts by quarter and feed that into an MDA table. I can't find a way to have the quarter roll over automatically so I am manually updating dates.
That's correct. We need the ability to filter by FQ and FY in the Rules Engine like in report builder.
I feel like this all fits together right? https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/rule-date-filters-to-match-the-reports-2-0-filters
Absolutely. I've voted for your idea as well!
We just need to see 1st and last day of Current, Previous, and Next Quarter, just like we have for month and week, right?
This has to be a really quick fix. I'm happy to beg if it helps!!!
Formula functions:

FirstDayOfCurrentWeek(), FirstDayOfCurrentMonth(), FirstDayOfCurrentQuarter(), LastDayOfCurrentWeek(), LastDayOfCurrentMonth(), LastDayOfCurrentQuarter() are now available in the transformation task of Bionic Rules. These functions can take Rule date or any date as input.

Apart from these, there are few other date functions that were introduced in fall release. Let me know if this helps. 
Hey Jitin -- to use those I would need to query data for the current year (using the existing filter option); transform that result, adding the start and end of the current quarter as new columns using the formula above; and then transform it again, using those new field values as the filter criteria. It's doable, but not as simple as picking "Current Quarter" from a drop-down filter would be!

+1 for calendar quarters as well!

We need the ability to group dates by fiscal quarter in rules engine. Is there currently any way to transform a date into a fiscal quarter/year?

@sai_ram can this be revisited please? Seems like a simple enough functionality to at least be able to filter by previous quarter but it’s still not available. 

@ana_g we have similar requests below, please have a look. I will also confirm with the product team once again. 

We are considering this as a part of overall enhancements to the rules engine in the medium term horizon.

Any update on a timeline @rakesh

Hey Team… I had a chat with a customer on this today. Is there anything we can share at this time?

@michael_sweeney and @spencer_engel this is still in progress, due to other priorities it is getting delayed.

@rakesh Would love an update on this Five year old “idea”.  It is causing us to have to have data exported from SFDC into Splunk to quarterize in aggregate and then pump back into Gainsight.  

Frankly I’m really surprised to see Gainsight continue to add new features (i.e. CSQL) when fundamental challenges like this (and plenty of others) still exist.

Would really like to use CQ or FQ in criteria under Rules engine when loading to Gainsight object as well…
For example, if ‘subscription deactivated at date’ equals Current Quarter…

Just adding my +1 to this!

Any news??

Any news??

@rakesh any latest updates on this idea?

The status is current @anirbandutta  This is planned and is in our roadmap.

The status is current @anirbandutta  This is planned and is in our roadmap.

Thanks @rakesh