Field dependencies not working on Gainsight

Related products: None

Hi,

One of our customers has reported that field dependencies that were created in Salesforce are not working on Gainsight. 

For example, when we select a value in a picklist, all the values are showing up in the dependent picklist instead of selected ones.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Hello @rvinny , we will look into it. In case there is any issue, we shall fix it.

Hello @rvinny, thanks for posting this. We have planned it for one of the releases in the near future. We will once again update you one it is shipped. 

Happy to hear this is getting fixed!

Hi,

We can create the same Dependent Categories in MDA Dropdown Lists and that works well. I tried in my org and working as expected.

Screenshot:

Thanks.

+1, ran into this issue while trying to allow our users to update SFDC picklist fields via the Linked Object functionality. Gainsight is showing all picklist values even though SFDC has limits on what are allowed. 

@muralikrishnagopu is this still on the short term roadmap?

@muralikrishnagopu is this still on the short term roadmap?

@cmultanen  Yes, this is in our near term road-map. I will update you here once we consider this for release. 

Hello Everyone!

I’m happy to announce that your request has been partially implemented in both NXT and SFDC versions of Gainsight. Gainsight now honors picklist field dependencies in C360 layouts. When CSMs select the value of a dependent field in the C360, the available options are based on the controller field’s selection. For more information on dependent picklist fields, refer to the Dropdown List and Multi Select Dropdown List (SFDC) article.

Thanks!