Question

I wanted to report on where an individual customer fares in comparison to their industry (percentile ranking)

• 5 August 2016
  • 3 replies

I have done a percentile ranking of customers by Industry, now when I add the report to R360, I want to be able to show where that individual customer falls in comparison to others in its industry in a bubble chart or something, where we can see a dot for that particular customer when we are on the R360 page for that customer. Any thoughts on how to do this?

3 replies

Thanks for the additional context. One approach is to create a Benchmarking Rule in Gainsight. More details are here - https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/218491667-Tutorial-Create-Rules-for-Benchmarking-ARR...

Essentially you can create a 'benchmark' custom field at the customer-level for the metric you are ranking customers in, and populate this field periodically via a rule that writes the benchmark value based on the industry they belong to. Then in R360 you can compare the customer's value to the benchmark. This could be in a report or even have this benchmark show up in the summary at the top. With this approach, user won't need to select the industry filter (since the value entered in custom field is based on the industry). 

Is this approach helpful? 

Another approach, if you want to compare, a single customer to other customers within an industry (multiple data points) is to create a report in dashboard (Gainsight home) where you show all customers filtered by industry as a bubble chart or another visualization. Such a report, cannot today be on the C360/R360 since data is always filtered to a specific customer. 

I will also forward this to your CSM who should have access to your instance. 
Just our data, basically we added a percentile ranking by Industry/Vertical and now I want to be able to show that report in the R360 section and once the person filters to their industry, I want to show like a dot or someway to identify where they belong. I don't know if you can access the cisco instance but if you can here are a few reports:

1. Accounts by Vertical and Percentile

So if you notice I have an Account Vertical Name Filter, so if I put this on the R360 LEVEL and a customer filtered to their industry/vertical, i want it to show that customer within the bubble, somehow showing where it belongs.

I have several other reports if you look for the word percentile

Thanks,

Sanaa
Thanks for your feedback Sanaa. To make sure I understand, are you looking to benchmark against 3rd party data or simply have the ability to in a report or some other visualization have how someone compares to average (within your own data set). Thanks