Extract MDA data via API?

Related products: None

Looking for the ability to pull data from the Customers tab/report out of Gainsight via API. Does this capability exist?
Hi Brian,

Right now the capability does not exist. Can you please provide me some use cases so that i can understand your requirement better?

Thanks! 
Sure. We use the Customers tab in Gainsight a bunch to manage our business portfolio. We're looking to pull data from that report (Customer Name, Customer Tier, Customer Renewal Date, Customer ACV, Customer MRR, Customer Account Team) out of Gainsight and push it into an internal data warehouse in an automated/programmatic fashion.
Just taking your opinion on a potential route, which is not available now but can be considered:

1. Create a rule that run a query on the source MDA table

2. Create an action which dumps the query result as a csv file in a S3 bucket

3. This rule can be scheduled to run at a fixed interval

4.  Your automated process can pick up the file from the S3 bucket and load it to your data warehouse.

Would this work?
Hi Brian,

The data we pull into the Customer tab is all stored in Salesforce objects (CustomerInfo and Account). It should be possible to query this data using Salesforce's export apis. For data stored in MDA, as Sumesh mentioned, we currently don't have a direct export api exposed externally. 

Thanks,

Manu
Thanks Manu. Any chance you could point us to the proper documentation around Salesforce export APIs?
This is one of my use case , is this available?
This is indeed available when using a Bionic Rule.  For a merge or fetch dataset task, you can check a box that would export to S3.  You can encrypt these files as well with a custom PgP key pair or one that is provisioned from Gainsight.
Cool, I tried this and works
I was looking into transitioning to Scorecards 2.0 and was advised that the Health Scores will not longer be automatically tracked within the usage object and will be moved to the MDA. As a work around we will be writing rules that load this data into Usage object from the MDA, but again this is more work and maintenance which I prefer not to manage.

As Gainsight is moving more and more objects out of Salesforce into the MDA, we critically require the ability to hit the MDA databases via an API to support out BI platform. 

Is there any ETA for API access to the MDA?
We need to give our email log data to a deliverability monitoring service.
Hi Kyle,

We are working towards providing API access to MDA data. ETA for the API availability is 2nd half of this year. In the meantime, you could try out one of these options

1. Create a Bionic rule on Email log data and export the data into S3

2. Create a report on Email Log data and export the data into CSV.

Thanks,

Sumesh  
What would you suggest for automating the delivery to our third party? 
Hi Kyle - What information do you typically pass to this third party? One option I'm thinking we could look into is Sendgrid webhooks, but would depend on what integration paths the vendor supports.
Deliverability monitoring info. Email Address | Bounce Type (Hard or Soft) | Bounce

Message (User Unknown, Inbox Full, etc), Bounce Date, perhaps subject of message and/or body.