Extend character limit for embedded urls

Related products: None

Our organization is using heavily tableau and power Bi for deep-dive reports and visuals. We would like to display these reports in Gainsight by making use of the embedding URL functions in C360 and HA dashboards. The character limit for the URL of 253, however, is a limitation.

When embedding URLs from tableau and power Bi, the URLs often need to be manipulated to pass custom filters and parameters, which in turn makes the URL long and beyond the character limit set by Gainsight.

Please extend the URL character limit to allow embedding it in GS. Admins do not have control of the URL length and have little or no influence over the admins or owners of the reports and dashboards to have them shorten the URLs.

Hello @jivanova, thank you for posting on Community. I very well understand that this enhancement could help your teams. Looping in our Product Manager to look into this idea and share their thoughts and roadmap if possible.

Thanks for sharing this @jivanova. We will improve this as part of the C360 Redesign

Is there a latest on this? Very keen to make use of this feature, but don’t want to start until these issues have been ironed out and clear documentation has been created.

@duncan.young this limitation is relaxed in the new C360 experience for NXT edition. The 360 experience is going to be available for beta testing starting May 09, 2022.

Great news @gopal_rao_kallepu ! Will there be documentation on how to utilise the filtering

Yes @duncan.young, we will have documentation in place for the new features. We are currently working on the documentation for new 360 experience, I can share it here once ready.
Also, our understanding from your previous post is that you want us to relax the character limit on URLs for embed page section. I hope you were referring to the same by `filtering`

Yes, as the original posted mentioned “ the URLs often need to be manipulated to pass custom filters and parameters, which in turn makes the URL long and beyond the character limit set by Gainsight.”

Thank you