Exporting data out of Gainsight

Related products: None

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if you are looking to export data from Gainsight into any BI application (like Power BI, Looker, etc.) or Data warehouse (like Snowflake, Azure Data lake, etc).

Please leave your comments below. Your inputs will help us in creating a roadmap for this.

+1 for PowerBI!
+1 for Snowflake!

BIG +1 from us on SNOWFLAKE & DOMO please!!! This would be a HUGE win for our data model :)

YES! Being able to export data out of Gainsight into S3/Redshift would allows us to broadcast Gainsight metrics and other reports to other systems while ensuring a single source of truth of the business logic and avoid inconsistencies across reporting platforms, i.e. recalculating scores in Looker or Power BI. Also would help to provide transparency to our parent company.

+1 for Redshift!

I would ask to open up the Gainsight API for all MDA type objects and fields. Do not limit API sourcing only for system objects custom fields or custom objects and its fields. If API is readable, any BI  warehouses could interface and connect the data/data model of Gainsight.

+1 for an API

+1 for Snowflake
+1 for Tableau

We us Google Data Studio and SiSense.  I am currently trying to build a data warehouse that combines our system configured user data with our Gainsight data. 

It is proving to be such a difficult process.  We have an s3 bucket saving out daily reports, but the rollup data is complicated to migrate plus it is only data from when it started backing up, not lifetime.  Also even when exporting engagement data from Analytics in PX, the limitation of only 6 months is cumbersome.

I really hope a mass export of user and engagement data is in the works.  I find some of the engagement dashboards lacking and being able to have better access to raw data will help our organization immensely. 

Direct connections to tools such as Snowflake and Tableau are an absolute must but we should also be able to use the API to export ANY data out of Gainsight, not just low volume objects.

Is this still not a thing? Power BI would be ideal