Enhance Concat formula to allow other field types

Related products: None

We populate some of our Timeline entries' fields into sections of the CS360 page so that users with Shared 360 access and those not wanting to dig through the weeds can easily see the most important updates. It would be helpful to pull the Activity Date into the front (or back) of those updates so that the users could know when the entry was posted.

Currently, the Concat formula in the Transformation task type only allows for String fields and I'm not seeing a way to convert a date or numeric field so that it would be able to be entered there.

Thanks!
Hi Nate,

Are you populating the latest update in C360 or is there any other criteria you are using to determine the important activities?
Hi Nitisha,

Currently we're just pulling the latest update but I'm planning on implementing a flagging system to call out the important ones (something simple like a checkbox or drop-down select). Then we would append the Activity Date to the comments.
I also need concat formula to allow Numeric type fields!

This is not implemented?! Maybe only in NXT? I have this exact issue today in SFDC Edition.  Opening a new Idea on this one to vote up.  Huge hindrance that I cannot leverage Numeric or Date fields in Concat Transformations.

+1 we are in NXT but we still don’t have the ability

Yeah, this will be a feature that makes the life of a Gainsight Admin/Developer really easy. I believe this is something basic that the Concat feature must be enabled between all the field types. I should be able to concat a numeric field with a date field, or a string field with a date field. It will be easy when we send the data to any downstream applications.

​​​​​​​+:100:

+1, we are in NXT but do not have this ability. For example, I want to be able to concat a numeric value that we use for Week to create a new string, Week 0, Week 1, Week 2, etc but currently cannot do this without creating a new String field and then using Rules Engine. 

Why does this say “Partially Fixed”? What part of this is fixed…?

We either need this implemented or this request that allows you to change data types. I’ve had multiple scenarios just in the past month where I want to concat with a date field but can’t and there are no good workarounds.

@soumitrasahu could you pl share the latest on this thread?

This really should be basic functionality, concatenating dates, numbers and text is incredibly useful. 

@gopal_rao_kallepu could you pl revise the latest status with this one?

We are in need of this feature or a workaround as well in NXT. Trying to tie a string field to a number field via rules or Data Designer 

This would be very nice to have as the current workaround is pretty laborious.

We have a separate MDA object used exclusively for Date conversions. This way we join this table on a specific Date field then select what string values are needed (i.e. Date as String, Month Name, Day of the Week, Fiscal Year, etc.)

Best,

Ben Wanless

We did release Data Type conversions feature in Data Designer which would make concatenating the date and string really easy.