Enable whole org view as default view in People Maps

Related products: None

It would be great to immediately have an org chart of all the mapped relationships when opening the People Maps view. Then from there you could click on a persons card to zoom into their specific people map.

Currently, it’s either empty or shows the people map for the last person you selected which means you have several clicks to see the whole org chart or another persons org. 

Starting with a view of the entire org would enable you to view any specific people map you want with just one click.

Furthermore, if you don’t know who everyone is, let’s say you’re a sales person or just received this customer from another CSM, it enables this person to view all the relationships much faster rather than trying to piece together the org by selecting people in the list until they have a full view.

Hi @GarethR 

Thank you for the feedback.

You can click on the People Maps icon to reset the map back to the whole org. This would reset the map back to before the search was done.

Click to expand would definetly improve the experience for end users and we will add it to the improvements planned for People maps.

Thank you 

Preethi

Hi @pgeorge, Thanks for the feedback. I tried out your suggestion and this doesn’t solve the issue.

Clicking the People Maps icon simply refreshes the first org chart that was loaded. What if I want to. see the Entire Org?

How do I see all teams? Even disconnected teams?

It’s not possible to see ALL people across all teams when there are disconnected teams.

The request is to have the default view be the ENTIRE org including teams that are disconnected. There isn’t a way to get an overview of everyone we know in an Org, only in isolated views unless you have everyone connected.

Does that make sense?

Hi @GarethR 

Sorry for the late response

Are the multiple teams created for the same Company?

We will have multiple maps functionality in the upcoming release. But that would not allow to view disconnected maps in a single view. But create different views for different maps.

We will soon have capability for floating cards that would solve this usecase. Part of our long term roadmap

Thank you

Preethi

Hi @GarethR 

Sorry for the late response

Are the multiple teams created for the same Company?

We will have multiple maps functionality in the upcoming release. But that would not allow to view disconnected maps in a single view. But create different views for different maps.

We will soon have capability for floating cards that would solve this usecase. Part of our long term roadmap

Thank you

Preethi

@GarethR did you get a chance to view the comments here?

@pgeorge and @sai_ram - apologies that I missed the comments earlier.

The multiple teams are within the same account. Let’s say, for example, we have the Marketing Team, Design Team, and the Digital Team. We’d have people maps for each team individually and it would be great to see them all in one view.

Great to hear that you have this item on your roadmap. It will be very valuable for us.

Hi @GarethR 

Multiple maps will be available in our May release. The default view would be the org chart with all the teams in one view. But the teams should also be connected to be a part of the main chart.

You can then split the maps into different teams that can be easily consummed.

I have detailed the feature in the community post here

I hope this helps. You can post any questions in the thread and I will answer them

Thank you

Preethi