Enable threaded replies from email client responding to Timeline @ mention email

Related products: None

Can we replicate the functionality google and other commenting sites have trained users on?

You have received this email because you are subscribed to all discussions on ROI SP Tracking Aug 2019. Change what Google Docs sends you. You can reply to this email to reply to the discussion.

(empahsis mine)

Gainsight already knows the context and which timeline entry to post to. Is this on the roadmap? ETA?

Hi Tyler,

Yes, this is the plan and on the short term roadmap.

Thanks,

Nitisha

Hi! I’m curious to get an update on where this stands in the product roadmap? We’re currently testing more robust use of Timeline @ mentioning and commenting to bring collaboration across teams out of email and into Gainsight (where we can actually report and expose across the org!) but are getting push back on the ease of use. When other tools, like Zendesk, allow a user to reply directly to the notification email they receive, that tool “seems” like a more efficient option… Would be great if we could assure our users that this functionality will be available in Gainsight soon!

@nitisha_rathi any update on this?

@trevor_shand Will discuss it internally.

In the meantime lets put this as a product idea to get upvotes & comments from community.  

hello everyone,

any updates on this? My company is also looking to see if this is a possibility as we are getting unneccessary number of timeline entries for conversations within a email. 

My other concern is how does it effect customer cheat sheets? @shantan_reddy Just curious if this enhancement can be prioritized based on possible risk to this feature?

Best Regards, 

Darshana Shah

@darshana.shah Can you elaborate pls how this is creating unneccessary number of timeline entries for conversations within a email. 

Each email is a separate timeline add. Is there a way for GS to thread emails like Outlook?