Enable Rules Engine to update with the option to replace Features comments or adding to them

Related products: None

Right now we use Features to see which of our in app features are being used by our customers and the rules engine to populate this. Since Features are just yes/no we use comments to document the exact usage, ie 75% but our threshold for yes is 50%. Currently the comments system, replicates itself until the character limit is reach (ie. 75% 75% 75% 75%...). It would be lovely to have the choice to replace the existing comment.
This is a great idea. I Certainly "me too" this!! 
I think what would be nice is adding a CHECKBOX to the "Load to Feature" rule that allows the admin to determine if the Comments should be concatenated, or if they should be replaced.  What is becoming a major problem is if a rule runs every day, it continues to add comment fields over and over until it reaches the limit of the tex box.  This needs to be resolved ASAP.
Chris or Steve,

Is there any response or progress from Product on this?
Sorry for the delayed response. We certainly see this as a gap and would like to provide more flexibility while updating the comments in 'Load to Features' action type.

Added this to the roadmap will keep you all updated on this thread when we have better clarity on the timelines.
Thank you Rajesh! This is great news!
Bumping this thread as this issue has become a major issue for us.  We effectively cannot write comments using rules until this is resolved.  The only workaround I can think would be to create a separate rule that NULLs all of the comments for all features.

Does anyone know of a workaround?  Thanks in advance.
Hi Rajesh - is there an update on this?  It's becoming critically important for us to be able to clear the "feature comments" using the rules engine or else we cannot use this aspect of Gainsight.  

I've tried every workaround I can think of, but none of them clear the comments using the rules engine. The only feasible solution remaining is to store all of this information in an MDA table and build a report to display it in a similar fashion.  I will be exploring this option this week.  Thanks!
Hi kclark! I spent many many many days working on this on my own, with my CSM and with Support, and we were never able to find a work around. We had to give up using rules based comments for Features unfortunately. Perhaps someone from Product can speak to roadmap updates.
Hi Brittany, thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in having spent a ton of time trying to figure this out.  I recently noticed that we have the same issue when using rules to write comments to scorecard values as well.  Arg!!  I hope / pray / wish for this ability soon, as it's truly hampering our ability to take the next step with the product.

Any comment from the Gainsight team on when this ability will be available?
@Kraig. I have tried with scorecard comments. They don't get appended.

I wanted to know if this is happening on Scorecard 1.0 or 2.0 ?

Thanks  
@Azhur - I mispoke.  The Scorecard comments do not get "appended" but there is no way to write them as NULL using the rules engine.
@Kraig, @Brittany,

This issue has been prioritised and we are planning to solve this issue as part of our summer release. The change applies only to rules with 'Load to Features' action type. The following is the implementation:

• Provide Check box in the 'Load to Features' Action type for users to select if the comment needs to be appended (default action) or replaced (user need to select the check box.)

• User should be able to replace the comment by checking the box instead of appending to an earlier comment (default option).
Please confirm if this implementation solves the issue that you are facing. 

Thanks for your patience on this issue.
This is great news Rajesh, and the way you describe the implementation will work fine for our team.  Thanks for getting this request onto the roadmap!
Rajesh- that looks great!

One follow up question: if there is a manually entered comment on the feature and the box is checked, will the rule comment replace the manual one?
Yes. The rule will replace manually entered comment as well.
Confirming this is coming in the September Release? This is a problem for my org.
Yes Andrea. This enhancement coming in September Release. This is how the change will look like.

Perfect, thank you!
This is perfect for us as well.  Thanks again... looking forward to getting this behind us.  
Hi Everyone, Summer Release is out and this feature is shipped in Summer Release.
https://mail.google.com/mail/e/1f64chttps://mail.google.com/mail/e/1f64chttps://mail.google.com/mail/e/1f64c