Enable Admin to remove "Default Reason" from ANY CTA Type (including ALL)

Related products: None

Under Cockpit configuration, CTA Reason, when I select CTA Type ALL there is a Default Reason (currently set to "Activity").  I am not able to remove that/set it to blank.

So, for example, if I am creating a CTA and select "RISK" as my CTA Type, the Reason defaults to Activity.  Because that is the default reason for ALL CTAs.  I don’t have a Default Reason set for “RISK” type because I want end users to select one.

Because this is becoming the default Reason on EVERY CTA Type, and pre-populates, end users are failing to select the correct Reason Code.  So we have dozens of Risk CTAs with the Reason Code “Activity”

I asked support if it’s possible to remove the default reason from ALL and here was the answer:

I would say our team has a more strict backend change policy nowadays in doing custom changes and likely we won't' be able to avoid future issues/discovery.

Although we don't have a way to set it to blank, after reaching out to the team to suggest. Is it possible to create a reason called "Invalid Reason"? Then for the CTAs where CSM hasn't set it would show up in reporting that they would need to reset it to a different reason.

If they didn’t notice and change it from “Activity” it’s unlikely they’re gonna change it from “Invalid Reason.”

On one hand, yes, this can be viewed as an enablement issue, but on the other hand I would expect that if we don't have a default Reason Code on the CTA Type selected, the field shouldn't populate, forcing end users to select one.  Let’s make the product more foolproof.

@darkknight sorry for the inconvenience and I understand your concern on this. Support team got restricted because they have seen multiple issues touching the backend data. 

I will try to work with the product team and check if we can have any other alternate for this.

Happy Weekend!

@darkknight yeah that makes sense. We will allow it to default to nothing. We will try to fix this within the next couple of releases.

@sriram pasupathi is there any update on this? 

@sriram pasupathi A year ago you said you hoped to fix “in the next couple of releases” but no info since.

Can we get an update on this?  Right now, every CTA defaults to “Other” in my instance and since Reason is not required by Sally  when creating a CTA, I’m fighting a losing battle trying to convince my CS team to use CTAs vs. Timeline Types, which are quicker and easier for CSMs to create.  @anirbandutta 

Sriram is no more with Gainsight. @mpatra if you could share any updates we have for this track.

Hi @darkknight ,

We are undertaking a revamp of our admin pages in H2 2022. We will be fixing this as a part of the admin revamp.

Thanks,

Monica

@mpatra is there any way to do this in the current admin page sooner?  This is very problematic when it comes to manually creating CTAs.  Because it’s pre-populated, it is very easy for users to miss. 

For Risks especially, I don’t want to pre-populate from a list of Risk reasons (because that could significantly affect risk reporting if users miss it). So, I’m forced to default to one of the “All” CTA reasons, which shows up at the bottom of the Reason picklist so users have to scroll up. 

A very clunky experience for my users that could be vastly improved if I could just vacate the Default Reason field.

100% agree on having this capability in order to determine the main causes of the risk without reminding the CSMs over and over again that they need to choose the correct reason. If the CSMs are not forced to choose the right reason, it is almost certain that they would omit it. What ends up happening is that the leadership has no idea where the majority of the risks are coming from because every risk reason is marked as other. As leaders, we need to identify what are the problem areas so that we can course our organization to improve customer experience. For example, if most of the risks are coming from services, we would need to identify that. If the CSM is not choosing the right reason, we miss the opportunity to discover broken links and Achilles heels in the organization.

@mpatra please see my comment above.

Under ConsiderationIN DEVELOPMENT