IN DEVELOPMENT

Emails to timeline via Program in Journey Orchestrator

• 31 January 2020
  • 40 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Team,

One of our customer wanted to log emails to timeline when a program is sent via Journey Orchestrator

Currently  we don’t have this functionality in Gainsight. Do we have this in our road map ?

Thanks

Sandeep

40 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

+1 On this functionality. We use JO to drive some emails out to companys from their Success Managers and it would be nice for the Success Team and Management to see those emails.   

Userlevel 3
Badge

+1 for us as well. We are starting to send more and more emails via JO and would love to see them added to the timeline. CSMs should be able to see the full picture of communication in the timeline. Another side to this is that our Sales staff do not have access to Gainsight CS so we sync the timeline to SFDC Activities, so they can see what is going on with their accounts. 

Any update on when this will be available? 

Userlevel 3

This would be very meaningful to us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sarahmiracle thank you for bumping this up! As @chethana said we do have this in our redesign plan. You will definitely enjoy this in the redesign. Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@chethana @nitisha_rathi any updates on timing? Copying my message from a different thread below:

Resurfacing. We have specific emails that are just easier to send via JO rather than playbooks but we need them to count towards CSM activities (these are a KPI) since they are preparing the participants to begin with. They can only count if they appear on the timeline. I understand that this may not be the case for many, if not most, JOs, but, as @heather_hansen suggested, having an option on each Send Email module in the JO to log to Timeline would be ideal. I’m not sure why this option would not already exist. It is as if the product is choosing how to approach engagement for us, and pigeon-holing our strategy accordingly. Not ideal. 

Userlevel 3

Hello all,

As a quick update, the priority for Syncing JO emails to Timeline remains high on the medium term product roadmap. Please keep upvoting for the feature.

Userlevel 1

Another vote for this feature!  It is critical for CSM’s to have visibility into JO emails going out to their customers.  When our customer’s bring this up in our meetings with them, we appear “out of touch” when we don’t know what they are talking about.  What does “medium term product roadmap” mean as far as timing?

+1 Vote. This is very much needed for all the CSM to have clear visibility on email communication for different accounts. Any update on when it would be implemented/released?

Badge

Would be really handy to see emails sent in JO via the timeline!! Do we have any updates on this? 

Userlevel 1

Another note on this… when this is built, it would be nice to have only 1 of the emails sync’d to the Timeline with the list of emails, from that customer, it was sent to, instead of 1 email per email address.  For example, if the JO email was sent to 5 different people for Account XYZ, 1 email would be logged to the Account XYZ Timeline with a list of the 5 email addresses it was sent to.  I assume this would also involve a redesign of the way JO emails are sent.  I’m just afraid that logging each email separately in the Timeline will get to be redundant and messy.

Userlevel 3
Badge

+1000 to this.

Without this feature, our CSM do not know which comms are being sent to their customer and and ending up sending the comms twice. Curious to know if this is still a priority for GS considering this or similar request has been asked for in various threads of this community for more than 2 years.

Hi! Has anyone found a clever way to give their times insight into Journey Orchestrator programs? We use Journey Orchestrator for our client onboarding/welcome emails but these can’t be viewed on the timeline. It was suggested to me to build a report, but I’m not sure where to start.

Also VERY interested if anyone has found any workarounds of cc’ing others for visibility to email templates in Journey Orchestrator programs.

Userlevel 6

@PavanCh for the latest on this thread

Userlevel 3

Hi,

As a quick update on this thread, happy to share that we are moving forward with ‘Integrating Timeline with JO’ to present a comprehensive view of all comms.

With this you will be able to set which emails sent via JO programs will need to logged into timeline as an activity automatically. 

I really can’t believe this isn’t a feature already…