Emailing Reports

Related products: None

Does anyone have experience sending out reports via email on a weekly basis?

Hi Amanda,

One option to do this is via dashboard sharing. I documented some steps here: https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/sharing-dashboards-using-copilot-how-to-guide-5bc73e18e4b04588aaf86a9e

I've created a number of reports that are sent weekly and/or monthly to either Gainsight users (activity reports) or the customer (usage reports)

What is the question you have?

Hi Amanda - this is a particular sore spot for me as Gainsight doesn't have a function similar to Salesforce to easily schedule report delivery from within the report builder.

If that's what you were hoping for, feel free to add your vote/comments to this post.

Thansk Jeff exactly what I am looking for and thanks for the link to the post. This saved me a lot of time trying to make something work that still wont. I see that gainsight is working on a solution but that there is still no resolution. I will follow the post you shared and hopefully be able to send automated reports soon. Thanks Again!

The "solution" Gainsight is currently working on involves building a Journey Program to send a report. That is a multi-step process that is major overkill for what you (and I) are both needing to accomplish. (Assuming you're talking about sending out reports internally i.e. to VPs, other teams, etc)

Hopefully the more voices Gainsight product development hears on this item, the better they can see that we need a simpler solution than what they are currently offering/developing.

Definietly sounds like overkill with a Journey program! If we can just have a scheduler similar to how a rule is scheduled and the ability to send to specific users or groups I think this would do the trick!

@abhishek_sivaraman Wanted to make sure you see this thread. Thanks!

Isn't this possible within the dashboard builder? The top right hand corner of each dashboard should have an icon that says "email as PPT" and a way to configure the schedule. Are you able to see that functionality?

PPT isn't effective when it comes to tabular reports that have a lot of columns/rows associated with them and the end user receiving the report wants to do any filtering/graphing of their own.

Besides, shouldn't have to create a separate dashboard for every use case.

Thansk Jeff, we are on the same page 🙂 Just a simple way to schedule reports, I know we have the export functionlaity with reports and dashboard sharing, etc. However, there is no way to schedule these reports to be sent to a user or group.

@rakesh Tagging you on this thread since it is primarily tied to reports functionality

Any update on this? From my reading the best I could understand to do this is through Journey Orchestrator, which I started to do but ended up being a real pain. Is there not an easier way?

I had previously been told this was on the short term roadmap. Maybe @dan_ahrens can give us an update?

That would be great to set and forget for reports to leadership. Thanks!

Another yes to this - this would be very useful, was looking for this today and surprised it’s not there. A fairly common requirement across enterprise platforms.

Converted to an Idea (feature request) for better tracking.

I agree that having a scheduler within the Reports section would be useful.

@All, Thanks for bringing this up and appreciate your patience here. We have added this to our product road-map, I will update you here once we push this to release.

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC & NXT versions. Admins can now schedule and share the Report and Dashboard as required.

Thanks for posting!