Question

Need to send emails through SFDC templates based on CTAs

Badge
Is there a way to send emails from SFDC templates based on whether a CTA is present in a customer's account?

Essentially, we have a rule that we've duplicated so that we can run in two times throughout the day.

1. The first rule sends an email to a new customer contact AND creates a CTA called Onboarding and the source object is Contact.
  2. The second rule sends an email in the same way as the first rule; however, the source object is Call To Action and the rule filter is based off of the fact that a Call To Action Name does not contain Onboarding. 

The problem is that when I go to setup the rule, the Send Email action requires that there's a contact identifier in "To:" and I put "Account:Id" and it's Mapped Via "Contact:Id".

Is this going to function properly and send this to the contacts within the account?

3 replies

Badge
Hi Sundar - we actually resolved this thanks to Steve Davis. He has more insight on what he did exactly, but he allowed the CSM field to be accessible through Email Logs in CoPilot so we don't need to use SFDC email templates.
Userlevel 5
Hey Allie -- Sorry about the delay in response. 

The mapping you mentioned will not work.

Do you intend to send email to all contacts in that account or just that contact whose  onboarding CTA is not present?  I assume that you do not have the contact ID in that CTA, so in that case you will not able to single out that contact to send email.
Badge
UPDATE: Everything about the second rule works EXCEPT the emails are not sent. Help!