Email Logs to Email Log v2 Equivalency

Related products: None

Incoming wall of text - Email Assist 2.0 (formerly known as Email from Anywhere) starts a countdown on the life of the MDA object Email Logs. Meaning, asset/process referencing that object will need to point to Email Log v2.

This post has a couple of requests for Gainsight @anirbandutta or @Cornelia some help getting this to the right people please :)).

Below is a table of what I have mapped so far. While most of the fields are pretty self explanatory, I thought it would be helpful to map the fields from one object to their equivalent in the other, for easier reference. Note that I’m not 100% on all of these.

My requests to Gainsight are:

1. Can someone from Gainsight validate/correct the below table? If in the meantime anyone from the community wants to contribute with a confirmation, correction or addition please feel free to do so and I will make updates when I can.
  2. When a new object is made that duplicates some or all of an existing object, can this type of table me made published and available externally so that we don’t have to trial and error this ourselves?
  3. Bonus: When new objects are released, give us information on the fields, values and purpose of them. This helps admin veterans and new admins alike from having to do things like this ourselves: 

Original Field in Email Logs MDA object Equivalent Field in Email Log v2 Object GS Lookup (if applicable) or Possible match

Account Id External Company Id  
Account Name n/a  
Address Type Address Type  
Associated Field    
Associated Object    
Associated Value    
Batch Id Source Id  
Batch Name Source Name  
Case Insensitive Email Address Email in Lower Case  
Click Count Link Clicked Count  
Clicked n/a  
Clicked IP n/a  
Clicked On Link Click Date  
Clicked Url Link Clicked Json  
Company Id Company Id Company :: GSID
Company Name Company ID>Name  
Contact Id External Company Person Id  
Created Date Created Date  
Delayed n/a  
Delayed On n/a  
Email Address Email Id  
Event Message Bounced Reason  
Execution Instance Id n/a  
External Email ID n/a  
GS Relationship ID Relationship Id Relationship :: GSID
GS Relationship Person Id Relationship Person ID Relationship Person :: GSID
GS Relationship Type ID Relationship Type Id Relationship Type :: GSID
GS User Id User Id User :: GSID
Hard Bounce On replaced by bounced date  
Hard Bounced replaced by bounced/bounce type  
Id Recipient Id  
Marked Spam Spam  
Marked Spam On Spam Marked Date  
Metadata n/a  
Open Count Number of Opens  
Opened Opened  
Opened IP n/a  
Opened On First Opened Date  
Parent GsId Parent Recipient Id  
Person Id Person Id Person :: GSID
Person Name Name  
Person Type Person Type  
Reference Object Name n/a  
Rejected Rejected  
Rejected On Rejected Date  
Relationship Contact ID Replaced by GS field in Email Logs External Relationship Person Id
Relationship Contact Name Replaced by GS field in Email Logs  
Relationship ID Replaced by GS field in Email Logs External Relationship Id
Relationship Name Replaced by GS field in Email Logs  
Relationship Type ID Replaced by GS field in Email Logs External Relationship Type Id
Relationship Type Name Replaced by GS field in Email Logs  
Sent Sent  
Soft Bounce On replaced by bounced date  
Soft Bounced replaced by bounced/bounce type  
Template Id Email Template Id  
Template Name Email Template Name  
Triggered Date Triggered Date  
Triggered On duplicate of triggered date  
Unsubscribed Unsubscribed  
Unsubscribed On Unsubscribed Date  
Use Case Source  
User Id duplicate field to User lookup  
User Name User>Name  
Variant Id Email Template Version Id  
Variant Name Email Template Version Name  
  Bounce Type  
  Bounced  
  Bounced Date  
  Modified Date  
  Sent Date  
  Email Group Id  
  From Email Id  
  From Name  
  GroupEmail  
  GSID  
  Latest Open Date  
  Reply-to Email Id  
  Reply-to Name  

Fields from Email Log v2 I haven’t matched yet

Category Ids  
Company Person Id

Company Person :: GSID

Email Content Id  
External User Id  
Page Id  
Record External Id  
Record External Name  
Record Id  
Request Id  

Thanks!

Good looking research Brad, you’re doing a lot of heavy lifting that I would love to see replicated for future MDA upgrades/migrations on the Gainsight side of things. This sort of thing takes a lot of time that would be saved if the info were made available to us instead.

@anirbandutta or @manu_mittal any help on this? 😬 I believe someone mentioned publishing an official version of this somewhere. :)

Adding @ssamarth , @rakesh to the convo.

• Source and Source Name need to be highlighted.. Source Name = Program name….
  •  Source does NOT always = Advanced Outreach (aka a JO Program).. Source (like it’s predecessor Use Case) can be leveraged to find non-program sends too…. if filtered for Cockpit (Email Assist) and GS_Assist (email to timeline) …. 
  • I use Bounced, Bounce type, Bounced Reason ALL THE TIME.. these can provide the full explanation of Program Participant Failure Reasons (if participant dropped as a Bounce)

• Source and Source Name need to be highlighted.. Source Name = Program name….
  •  Source does NOT always = Advanced Outreach (aka a JO Program).. Source (like it’s predecessor Use Case) can be leveraged to find non-program sends too…. if filtered for Cockpit (Email Assist) and GS_Assist (email to timeline) …. 
  • I use Bounced, Bounce type, Bounced Reason ALL THE TIME.. these can provide the full explanation of Program Participant Failure Reasons (if participant dropped as a Bounce)

Good points @dan_wiegert - I was just looking for field equivalence, not necessarily adding descriptions/use cases to the fields but the official version (hint hint) should for sure include that :)

@bradley I’m just trying to add some flavor to the sauce… I’m also going to get in touch with the docs team because there is no documentation on survey or email/JO reporting… just docs on JO analytics (not on sourcing our own analytics). 

We are working on this; thank you for setting the ball rolling @bradley , @dan_wiegert 

Hi @bradley,

Please find the documented information Email Log V2 as requested. Thank you.

FYI ​​​​@neelam_mukherjee @ssamarth 

Hi @bradley,

Fab job @mdfahd !

Shout out to super @bradley for elevating this usecase, @dan_wiegert , @neelam_mukherjee always super orchestrator! cc @minh_phan , @dstokowski 

Hi @bradley,

Fab job @mdfahd !

Shout out to super @bradley for elevating this usecase, @dan_wiegert , @neelam_mukherjee always super orchestrator! cc @minh_phan , @dstokowski 

Very happy to see this thank you all! This is the type of stuff that really helps admins out!

Very happy to see this thank you all! This is the type of stuff that really helps admins out!

Thank you Bradley, I’m gonna quote you on this 😎 

@mdfahd @anirbandutta it would be helpful to identify the possible values that should appear in a field if it’s a set list. For example, Source. The description states

‘The source from which the CS task is created. Manual = created by a user, Activity = created from a timeline entry, from Rules, Survey, etc.’ 

This is maybe a copy and paste from the CS Task object as those source values don’t seem to align with the possible values, and don’t align with what I’m seeing. Currently I see values for Advanced Outreach, Cockpit, COCKPIT, and TIMELINE.

It would also be helpful to define those values (how does cockpit differ from timeline?).

@mdfahd @anirbandutta one other discrepancy, Sent is defined as ‘Indicates whether the email is sent.’ but this is not accurate, it appears to display whether or not an email was delivered. It would be helpful to have both a Sent column and Delivered column, so that you don’t have to filter out bounce/reject/spam to get the true Sent value (Sent = Yes, Delivered = No in case of any bounce/reject). 

@Sania Ahmed@Adrian Raposo pl check the Documentation part of the feedback.

@kelly also if this is a feature feedback, could you pl open a New Idea?

@mdfahd @anirbandutta it would be helpful to identify the possible values that should appear in a field if it’s a set list. For example, Source. The description states

‘The source from which the CS task is created. Manual = created by a user, Activity = created from a timeline entry, from Rules, Survey, etc.’ 

This is maybe a copy and paste from the CS Task object as those source values don’t seem to align with the possible values, and don’t align with what I’m seeing. Currently I see values for Advanced Outreach, Cockpit, COCKPIT, and TIMELINE.

It would also be helpful to define those values (how does cockpit differ from timeline?).

I also have an email conversation with Gainsight about “Cockpit vs COCKPIT” from back in April 2022 - ‘Cockpit’ was designated as data migrated from Email Logs. I had asked that the two sources be merged and have some other way to designate merged data (so as to be more useful to admins), and was told that was coming May 7th 2022, which does not appear to have happened.

@Sania Ahmed@Adrian Raposo pl check the Documentation part of the feedback.

@kelly also if this is a feature feedback, could you pl open a New Idea?

Hi @mdfahd , could you please look into this? 

Thank you! 

@ssamarth to this feedback

@bradleymcg 

The fix for issue of similar source name (“Cockpit vs COCKPIT) will be shipped shortly.  Going forward there would be only 3 sources, Advanced Outreach, Cockpit, Timeline.

cc kelly