Email Assist - emailing multiple accounts

Related products: None

Hello

Is there a way for our CSMs to use Email Assist to reach out to contacts across multiple accounts, without the need to create multiple CTAs - one per each account? For example - Linda looks after 25 low touch accounts and needs to follow up with the contacts from these accounts - the template is already created in Email Assist but currently she can email only one account at a time, rather than all her contacts. 

Any ideas other than using JO which we don’t want all CSMs to use? Our team just use their Outlook emails, and don’t even use the BCC to TL link as it requires a specific account to log the coms to, rather than logging it to multiple accounts. 

Thanks

Katerina 

@chethana I would love to connect on this . When I attempt to log an email for multiple customers, it saves as a single draft in Global Timeline.

@chethana this would be a game changer for our CSMs, however those tending to a larger subset of accounts have already transitioned to another solution. I believe this should be a priority and hope to see an update soon! What is the alternative in Gainsight Assist (chrome) mentioned above? Also, what is the ETA on the segments dependency for this feature?

+1 to this request. It’s a critical need for our low touch segment CSMs. Gmail Assist Plug In does not allow you to email multiple accounts easily. It’s still a 1:1 approach.

Hello All,
We have released new capability from timeline which will now allow you to log activities to multiple accounts.

After this, plan is to extend same capability to Gainsight assist, chrome plugin. Here you can send emails to multiple accounts, then log them to multiple accounts as activities.

@chethana thank you -- you state that this capability is released. Is there a support article with the steps for how this works? I’ve tried to see it in our timeline but I don’t see any way to log activities to multiple accounts. Please advise, thank you!

@chethana +1 I work in my company’s Key Account Team where the ability to email key operations stakeholders and managers at each of the companies they manage is foundational to the way we work. It’s great to see the new feature to be able to add companies across Activities that we log directly in GS but given the amount of work that we do in Gmail, this will be where we see the real benefit. Without this we are unable to properly track emails and therefore calculate engagement scores at the company and head office level. 

@PavanCh , any updates we can share?

Hello All,
We have released new capability from timeline which will now allow you to log activities to multiple accounts.

After this, plan is to extend same capability to Gainsight assist, chrome plugin. Here you can send emails to multiple accounts, then log them to multiple accounts as activities.

Good day!

We are new to GS and desperately need this feature, can you share where this capability can be accessed from - or any other updates?  thank you!

@Sneha Naranje , @neelam_mukherjee anything we could point our Community members to on this thread?

cc @PavanCh 

Team,

The august release (V6.27) added support for CSMs to associate a timeline activity to multiple records such as companies, relationships, CTAs or Cases. Release note v6.27 - Refer to section on “Associated Records in Timeline Activities”

Here is the full guide on how this can be setup .

CC @sriram pasupathi for details on extending the support to GS assist, plugins

Associating activities to multiple records has been amazing.  Now if we could do that through Gainsight Assist that would be even better.  That would allow us to log an email to both a parent and child account if the contact is listed in both as well as logging to multiple companies when there are emails to different customers sent at one time.

Associating activities to multiple records has been amazing.  Now if we could do that through Gainsight Assist that would be even better.  That would allow us to log an email to both a parent and child account if the contact is listed in both as well as logging to multiple companies when there are emails to different customers sent at one time.

adding @sriram pasupathi to this convo

Could we get a status update on a direct solution?

@ssamarth for an update here

I’m not certain this applies to Email Assist (Chrome/Outlook) but I do know that we have CSM access to Simple Journeys-like functionality on our roadmap. This will allow CSMs to use a template or draft an email within Gainsight itself and select the recipients from their customer list / personas and mass send communications out.  I have not seen details but know it is on mid/near-term roadmap.