Email Assist Attachment Limitation

Related products: None

Hello Gainsight Community,

I’m struggling a bit with the size limitation when using email assist. We’ve developed a CTA for New Client Setups and part of the playbook is sending the fully executed contract to our services team to arrange the customer setup and kickoff call. For this task I created an email template that auto populates 80% of the information the CSM sends to services (big win) however, the size limitation in email assist is making thing difficult. More than ½ our contracts are larger than 2M making the email template unusable. There are other instances where we may need to scrap the email assist due to this size limitation. Before doing so I wanted to check with the community on any workarounds or ideas...thanks!

Hello @carissa curtis 
Thanks for reaching out on community.
We are working on increasing the attachment limit. I will keep you posted about the updates. Meanwhile, have to checked our chrome plugin, Gainsight Assist or Outlook add-in? In this plugin you can directly consume the email template and send out the email form your gmail/outlook and still log them to timeline.

Hi @chethana  - 

How do we sign up for the beta / pilot of this feature? 

We are looking for this feature to be available for our organization and I see when trying to configure that we need to be signed up for the feature (or that’s the error that I’m seeing here). 

Thanks!

@chethana thanks for the follow-up. Our team uses Gmail plugin, however, the purpose of email assist is to send an email right from the playbook task in Gainsight. Do you recommend I remove any tasks from our playbooks that are utilizing email assist and instruct my team to use the Gmail plug-in instead? Is this what the rest of the community is doing?

If we use the above option do you recommend putting the name of the email in a playbook task so CSMs can easily locate the appropriate emails in our library using the Gmail plugin? 

Hi @chethana  - 

How do we sign up for the beta / pilot of this feature? 

We are looking for this feature to be available for our organization and I see when trying to configure that we need to be signed up for the feature (or that’s the error that I’m seeing here). 

Thanks!

@cnichols - we will be launching the Outlook add-in with our October release. The Gmail plug-in is already available. Hope this helps.

Hello @carissa curtis 

Regarding your queries mentioned above.

Our team uses Gmail plugin, however, the purpose of email assist is to send an email right from the playbook task in Gainsight. Do you recommend I remove any tasks from our playbooks that are utilizing email assist and instruct my team to use the Gmail plug-in instead? Is this what the rest of the community is doing?
[chethana] We don’t recommend to removed the tasks from playbook instead, send those emails through Gmail via plugin using the mentioned template. When you are sending out the email you can also log it to timeline. This is a workaround until we increase the attachment size limit.

If we use the above option do you recommend putting the name of the email in a playbook task so CSMs can easily locate the appropriate emails in our library using the Gmail plugin? 
[chethana] Yes, please mention the email template name in the task for CSM to search for it and consume.

@cnichols 
Let me know if you are able to download the plugin from chrome store and start using it. Please drop us an email if you are facing any difficulty in doing so. 

@cnichols did you get a chance to view the comments posted by @chethana. Please let us know if you need any help here!

Hi @sai_ram - We are an O365 shop. My assumption is that the new Outlook Plugin will do the same?

Hello @cnichols ,
Thats correct, with Outlook add-in also you can achieve  the same.

Thank you @chethana - We are reviewing the Outlook Plugin and will work on looking at the Outlook plugin which was just released. 

Great, @cnichols . Please feel free to let us know if you need any assistance with Outlook add-in.

We’re using the Outlook plug-in but have been advised that the attachment size limit includes social media icons. Is there a workaround for this?

agree with @vmoore  - we are also having this limitation with social media icons and its impairing our ability to use this. FYI @chethana and @sai_ram 

Hello @vmoore @Erseburse 
Please help in understanding this bit more. Are you trying to log to timeline some emails which has these icons and due to attachment size limitation these icons are missed? 

@chethana  - thank you for your response. Our email signatures inherintly have social media icons on them for others to click on and be brought to our websites. It appears that when we use Gainsight Outlook Assist to log an email with an attachment, the social icons count as an attachment. See below for what I mean- the only “real” attachment should be the one that says “Copy of Standard Status Log”

This is common in organizations to have images as part of their signature, so Im sure this is happening to several of your customers. 

Hope that helps!

I use Gainsight Assist and any time there is a document attached to my email, I get the “Exceeded the maximum character limit...” message and it fails to add anything to my timeline.   It would be such a big improvement if Gainsight could ignore the attachment and the error message and log the text and recipient information automatically in the timeline  Then the only manual step would be to add a link to the document in the timeline event.  Thanks for considering this.

Hi All

Email attachment size has been increased to 20 MB with Email Assist 2.0 (NxT ).