Email Assist: Add more than 1 name in the TO line

Related products: None

One of the ways we are using email assist is for our on boarding emails.  It seems that there is a restriction and only one 1 name is allowed for the TO line, however multiple are allowed for the CC line.  We'd like the ability to send one email TO multiple people vs having to add the other recipients to the CC line or send the same email multiple times.  Is this restriction a bug or intended functionality?
Agreed! We use Email Assist for our post-onboarding survey, and we need a Playbook with four identical Email Tasks so that a CSM can send the template to separate contacts with all the placeholders filled out correctly for each contact. It makes for a lot of clicks for the CSMs.
We encounter the same struggle as a work around end up putting all of the necessary contacts on the CC line. Would love if a change was made to this restriction!
We also encounter the same problem.  Would love the ability to add multiple people in the TO field.
It feels like there may be two different things going on here and I want to make sure that I understand.  The reason there can only be one person in the To line is that we need to be clear on which Contact record to use to fill in the tokens.  I believe Seth's point is that he wants a mini-copilot function where he can send multiple emails at once but they are different in that each person's info is used separately to fill in the tokens.  Is that the same for everyone else or is something else?
I'm a big fan of the "mini-copilot" idea. We had a good community thread on that a couple months back. 
Hi Karl - per your comment, we are looking for a mini-copilot function where we can send multiple emails at once using each individuals information to fill in the tokens.  Our customer accounts have users who are considered "key".  Some of the customer accounts have several key users who we need to contact at the same time for things such as renewal notifications.  We would rather not have to create playbooks with multiple email tasks to reach the key users.
A mini copilot function would be great, but honestly, having the option to omit tokens and address the group as "Hi All" or similar would suffice.  We have users in the strategic, high-touch level of our business that are currently using Outlook send monthly recap/reporting emails to 10+ contacts out of outlook.  What we're really after with this feature is visibility in Gainsight into open/clickthrough rates by recipient.  Today, the only way to get this would be to send an email to each individual contact.  I'm not confident I can get the team to adopt this approach given the number of contacts they typically include in these emails.
Hi,

One of the use cases for us is to send an internal weekly "New in Gainsight" email with all latest changes (rules, processes, workflows and so on). LIst of the recipients is different every time. Email used is a template with some of the content changed weekly. The easy way to allow such use would be to add multiple recipients in To: field manually via the e-mail assist. Please let me know if there is an easy workaround for a current "single name in To: field" limitation.
Hi Vadim,

You can add multiple people on the cc line.  Would that work for you?   Current limitation on the To: line is to avoid ambiguity on the token replacement.  

By the way, in your use case I am curious how you handle the updated content.  Are you updating the template every week and then using the 'reset' option in the playbook configuration or are the CSMs adding the variable content themselves before sending?
Not sure if there's a separate thread on this, but along the same lines... It would be super helpful to have the ability to bcc respondents when using Email Assist. Both the ability to add an individual as well as create blanket statements (e.g. bcc the CSM on the account) would be really helpful. This would give CSMs the ability to follow up on emails sent as well as use their email inbox to manage their workflow. 
Hi,

The ability to add multiple 'To' and bcc the sender of the email are coming in Aug release.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Fantastic – this will be a huge help. Thank you! 
This is awesome news!  Thank you!!
Hi Everyone, Summer Release is out now and this feature is shipped in Summer Release.