Edit & Save a Whole Success Plan Section

Related products: None

Back in SFDC edition, we had the ability to edit a section of a Success Plan and hit save only once. Now in NXT, our users are being forced to save each field they edit, resulting in far too many extra clicks. Below is the message and screenshot from one of our end users explaining the request:

“in the future is there any way we could get the ability to edit all of these at once? Like still have to check off each one, but instead of clicking the edit and save button plus check it off for every one, we just click one edit button and one save button. Right now I am completing 27-20 clicks to check off 9-10 items.”

End Proctoring-

@gunjanm This is indeed annoying - My users aren’t even able to always save the data in the individual fields now, and when I reported the issue I was just told I was doing it wrong and sent a video from the old SFDC “master edit” view. Not my favorite update.

If we could have it both ways (edit individually OR by section) that would be great, though I imagine technically complex to do.

Yeah both would be sweet @bradley !

Hi,

We are working on a redesign for success plans and with that, we will be moving towards an inline editing experience (with auto-saving when users click outside) similar to the new cockpit horizon experience. Would that make the experience better?

Hi,

We are working on a redesign for success plans and with that, we will be moving towards an inline editing experience (with auto-saving when users click outside) similar to the new cockpit horizon experience. Would that make the experience better?

@aditya_marla  I’ll be honest I don’t know if we’re on Horizon so I can’t say for sure if that sounds exciting or not. I can tell you though the most important thing is that it works. If it works and we don’t lose data. But if auto-save didn’t auto-save and there’s no indication it didn’t auto-save but there’s also no manual save option to make sure you save, it’ll probably be less great.

Hi,

@aditya_marla do you have an ETA on this?

End Proctoring-

Splunk is deepening our footprint with Success Plans in a BIG way - cross collaborating with Sales, PS, and CSM in support of our cloud migration efforts.  This has major visibility at the highest levels of our org and any efficiencies that can be brought to this process will be major as we will have little room for error between the various teams.

Hi @gunjanm @bradley @darkknight 

We are redesigning success plans and we will be moving towards an inline editing experience for plan info sections of success plan (with auto-saving when users click outside). This is already in development and will be available soon. Hope this helps 

@Anil Raj Pujari will you be holding a customer advisory session on the new success plan redesign?  Probably would be a good idea to get some input from experienced admins before this design is complete.   

Thanks

@Anil Raj Pujari will you be holding a customer advisory session on the new success plan redesign?  Probably would be a good idea to get some input from experienced admins before this design is complete.   

Thanks

Good call - would be keen to join if there is one.

I would be interested in an advisory session as well!

I would be interested in an advisory session as well!

@ana_g we have a plan for success plan2.0. Thanks!!

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Success Plan Horizon Analytics available in Gainsight NXT. Success Plan Horizon Analytics has new capabilities such as expandable fields and an auto-save feature when creating new Success Plans.

Thanks for posting!

@seth_schroeder - I must be missing something here- if I edit multiple fields at the same time and click save in any one of the boxes - I lose the text I wrote in the other boxes.  can you advise?  We are on stand-alone NXT with Horizon Analytics success plans.

^Can confirm, when editing rich text fields on a success plan it will allow multiple to be edited at a time, but when you save, it only retains the field that you are clicking save on and the rest of the data is wiped out from the other rich text fields that have been populated in that workflow

This issue is a huge pain point for my team. I get requests to change it all the time. Are there any plans to continue improving the Success Plan saving functionality? The current layout is making my team lose valuable notes because they assume that the system will save both fields instead of deleting one of them. 

Thank you for the feedback. We understand the challenge when simultaneously editing multiple RTE fields. Though not part of immediate roadmap we are evaluating solutions to address the challenge.

Agreed on the multiple rich text fields as well! this confusing for our CSMs that you can technically open all rich text fields to edit at the same time, but only one will save.

There should at minimum be a restriction to only have on RTE editable at a time if you can only save one at a time

This is a big pain for my team too. This isn’t resolved right yet, as far as I can see!