Question

Gainsight Lightning Tabs

• 24 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
I've been working with a customer that's making the big switch to Lightning UI in Salesforce, and while I know that Gainsight is Lightning compatible, we're finding alot of things that are a bit tougher to do using the Lightning UI versus the Salesforce Classic UI.

The biggest hiccup is the inability to customize tabs in the Gainsight app for Lightning UI.

We can still access the different areas of the product via the pop out in the Gainsight UI, but we lose the ability to add/reorder tabs in the SF header bar.

My understanding, after quite a bit of digging and brainstorming with the customer, is that while Gainsight is Lightning compatible, it cannot be upgraded to a "Lightning App" which eliminates some features such as the tab ordering that I mentioned above.

The overarching concern here is that having to switch around between apps instead of just scaling through the SF UI like we can do in Classic View is going to hurt Gaisight usage, as users may become frustrated with the extra steps needed to navigate between Gainsight and other Salesforce tools.

Is there any future plan to make Gainsight a full "Lightning App"?

4 replies

We’re having the same issue where it seems we’re forced to use the Gainsight app instead of being able to use a Lightning app and embedding the Gainsight VF pages in. 

Are there any planned updates to this? It’s a big issue since we’re now maintaining two separate UIs

Badge
You should be able to create a Custom Lightning App and add the necessary tabs.  Is there something I am missing?
Badge +1
Any input from Gainsight on this? We are exploring moving to Lightning for our CSM's but would need to be able to customize the tabs prior to doing so. 
Badge
Very well explained!  I'm not sure what more I can add except that I'm going to have some very frustrated CSMs and I don't have any great advice for working around the issue.