Edit company on timeline post when incorrectly associated from email-to-gainsight feature

Related products: None

Every now and then the email-to-Gainsight feature doesn’t log the timeline post in the right company and we need to be able to edit and associate it to the right company.  I don’t think there is a way to do that right now but please let me know if there is!  

@cynthiam Thanks for creating a new post on my request. I will get back to you on this. 

@cynthiam Yes right now we cannot change the company once the activity has been created. Can you help me out what is the use case and why it is being logged to the wrong company?

@cynthiam Yes right now we cannot change the company once the activity has been created. Can you help me out what is the use case and why it is being logged to the wrong company?

Hi @Chirag - I believe it is incorrectly being logged to the wrong company when we have a stakeholder on the email that is associated for more than one company.  For example, I have an account, Acme, and I email with them, but I also email about them with others (without them included), like a broker, who I email about many different companies.  I don’t know the logic, but when I get an email from broker about Acme, sometimes Gainsight will log the timeline post to another customer account instead of Acme.  Does this help?  Please let me know if more clarification would be helpful.

@cynthiam thanks for the reply, it helps. We will look into the possibilities and will keepyou updated about the status.

+1 to this. We often email with Partners that work with multiple customers, and instead of relating the email based off the partner’s email, we’d like to be able to re-associate the email to the customer record.

We have run into this with the new Gong integration as well. Unfortunately Gong get the association wrong, which logs to GS wrong. Once it is in GS, you cannot edit and if you correct in Gong it does not update. This happens most often when we have a contact on multiple accounts