"Duplicate target Fields Mapped" error could provide more detail?

Related products: None

As an admin, when attempting to configure a large Field Mapping during a data load operation, it would be nice to be visually prompted (red highlight or text output) of WHICH Duplicate target fields are causing me to not save properly so I do not go insane re-assigning values and can remedy much more quickly and efficiently.

Please help or advise? For now, I will up my vision plan :)

Hi Keith,

I understand how painful it can be when there are a lot of fields which you are trying to map via Rules.

How many fields do you have in the object that you are trying to load the data to? I will take this feedback and add this to the list of UX enhancements for our team.

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards,

JItin

Thank you for the consideration. The particular data object that we were working with had 15 or so fields. Either a text output of the duplicates or if there was a way to reduce the selections from a drop-down once they are assigned , (unless there are use-cases for single value assignment to multiple fields).

Hi Keith,

I totally understand how difficult it can be when there are a lot of fields to be mapped. We have plans to enhance the UI for the field mapping screens . The timelines are not known yet. But good to hear, that we are moving in the right direction.

Regards,

Jitin

Jitin, thank you for the update and it is good to know this is on your radar.

Any updates here? Sorely need some kind of highlighting for which fields are the duplicates. 

Omg yes. This is SO annoying to troubleshoot in longer or multi-action rules. 

End Proctoring-

I was sent here by Support following on me commenting that Horizon Rules provides this feature that doesn’t work. Speechless. THIS NEEDS TO WORK ALREADY SINCE IT IS A FEATURE IN HR.