Document all the limitations that exist in Gainsight in one easy-to-find spot

Related products: None

We admins need a single document that contains all the known limitations (and instructions for how to increase, if applicable) within Gainsight’s platform.  I know @sdrostgainsightcom and I pushed for this a few months ago when I was still at Gainsight, and I think it’s just as relevant as ever.

For example, 

• A Data Design can only contain 50 fields (but if you need more, contact support).
  • A Rule can only contain a maximum of 15 total tasks. 
  • A Dashboard is capped at 20 (maybe 25? - see, this is why we need this...) reports.

And so on. This would be so massively helpful and would almost certainly deflect countless hours of tickets/questions from Gainsight’s support and CS teams, respectively. Please consider prioritizing this.

+1 This would be so helpful!!

Good question for @neelam_mukherjee . :smiley:

YES! 

I expect a 100% comprehensive list would be pretty daunting, but even getting started with the low-hanging fruit that’s easily compiled would be great - it doesn’t have to be all or nothing.

There is even precedent for something like this on the SFDC edition, though it is limited to data management. I didn’t find a link for an NXT equivalent.

I also think there’s a few underlying issues that make the lack of something like this more of a problem than it needs to be:

1. The platform itself really feels like 5 different teams are working on it, both from a UI/UX perspective as well as an overall architecture perspective. While this isn’t uncommon, it becomes problematic when the experience is super fragmented.
  2. Existing support documentation really needs to be improved. It is often confusing and doesn’t provide enough detail for admins to really feel the ‘hands on your back’ support one would expect from enterprise level software.

I think having a central list of limitations would be great as well, but I think improving the consistency of the admin experience and the quality of the documentation would go a long way to making this more of a ‘nice to have’ than a ‘we need this to function’ type of request.

Getting @neelam_mukherjee, @ophirsw on this discussion 

Agreed - it would be very helpful to have a list that is easily referenceable for known limitations. Thank you for the suggestion!

Thanks Dan and Anirban for adding me here!

Just wanted to let you all know that we’re very much on track to complete creating this document. As you all know that it consists of very critical information and needs a several round of reviews to make the information as much accurate as possible. We’ll be publishing it soon. There will be a quarterly update on this doc as we introduce more new features or update any existing limitations that might get changed in future. Thanks for your patience and immense support! Your feedback is utmost important to us to continue improving our docs/technical information/microcopy etc!

@sakumar let’s prioritize this task as ‘critical’ and complete the approval process to make it available on our docs portal for our CS products!

Thanks Everyone!

Awesome! Thanks @neelam_mukherjee for making progress behind the scenes with your team given everything else they were flooded with.

I marked this Idea as being ‘In Development’ to reflect the ongoing activity.

Awesome to hear the wheels are in motion for something like this. Hopefully the feedback in my earlier comment is taken to heart as well :)

Sure @neelam_mukherjee I will work on it and update here once the system limits doc is ready.

There is even precedent for something like this on the SFDC edition, though it is limited to data management. I didn’t find a link for an NXT equivalent.

I also think there’s a few underlying issues that make the lack of something like this more of a problem than it needs to be:

1. The platform itself really feels like 5 different teams are working on it, both from a UI/UX perspective as well as an overall architecture perspective. While this isn’t uncommon, it becomes problematic when the experience is super fragmented.
  2. Existing support documentation really needs to be improved. It is often confusing and doesn’t provide enough detail for admins to really feel the ‘hands on your back’ support one would expect from enterprise level software.

I think having a central list of limitations would be great as well, but I think improving the consistency of the admin experience and the quality of the documentation would go a long way to making this more of a ‘nice to have’ than a ‘we need this to function’ type of request.

Thanks for wording this need @bradley, I’m onboard and I have quoted you to initiate a larger, mid-term convo internally to address this.

Hi All,

Thank you so much for the valuable suggestion, here is the requested Gainsight System Limits article.

FYI @karl@minh_phan@neelam_mukherjee@anirbandutta 

Hi All,

Thank you so much for the valuable suggestion, here is the requested Gainsight System Limits article.

FYI @karl@minh_phan@neelam_mukherjee@anirbandutta 

Awesome work here @sakumar , @neelam_mukherjee ; true e.g. of all-round Community collab in action!