'Do not update CTA' option in Create CTA action for Open CTA Rules

Related products: None

Recently we ran into automation issues around creating Risk CTAs off new Health Score measures that present risk. I was caught off guard that the ‘Create CTA’ action in Rules Engine updates previously created CTAs (i.e., Priority is reset to High if downgraded to Low by CSM) if included in the fetch.

Love that the rule will not create duplicate CTAs if there is already a CTA created. It should be easier to prevent rules from updating existing CTAs. A checkbox option such as ‘Include in Identifiers’ on the Create CTA action for ‘Do Not Update Open/Existing CTA’ would save Admins a lot of time in building/testing Risk Framework CTA Automations. {Where open CTA with Identifier Criteria are found for the account - do not action}.

Workaround in place is to count up the Number of Open CTAs for that Type, Reason and where Status Reporting Category = Open.  On the Create CTA action add criteria for ‘Num Open CTA != Null’. HOWEVER this is not a good fix as we have crafted our Open Aging Cases, Service Project, and Invoicing rules to be many-to-one. (Many cases, invoices, projects can be at risk for one customer)

Guess it is better to at least have 1 Risk CTA on the topic than having our rules revert CSM/AM/RM work being actioned on CTAs.

Who is with me on this one?

:100:

Agree.  Would be great to be able to select whether you want a new one or an update or neither. 

This might be a great way to quickly implement this request.  

‘Do Not Update Existing CTA’

@sai_ram - just for you to :eyes: - Happy Friday

@sai_ram@

@davebrown2242 Happy Weekend!! 

I like the way you describe the problem statement and that’s great to hear the the workaround too. We have few plans for rules engine redesign, hope this should be considered. 

@davebrown2242 That definitely makes sense. We will be adding real time rules support for CTA action in the near term. We will make this enhancement as a part of that. Thank you.