Question

Best Practice for Executive Performance Reviews with Clients

• 15 May 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi Gainsight Community,

As my team is adopting Gainsight into their daily routine, one issue we are finding is the cadence for completing performance reviews (PR). For our clientele, it is crucial that our CSMs connect with clients to show value in our product by conducting/delivering PRs. It allows both CSM and client to reset expectations and come up with an action plan. Therefore, we have created a CTA targeted at this task.

However, our clients have such busy schedules that it has proven difficult to get a client on the phone for 30-45 minutes. Our temporary solution is to have our CSMs extend the "due date" for the CTA, but their cockpit has begun to get out of hand.

We know that there will be instances where clients will not schedule a call, so how do we "deliver" value and show them their progress. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

All the Best,

Chip

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Chip,

It sounds like you're on the right track with an abbreviated 30 min presentation. It would be an area of concern if your key customer contact(s) can carve out time for even a brief 30 min call. Personally if a key contact wasn't able to find a 30 minute window for me sometime in the next 2-3 weeks (with exceptions for vacation, holidays, etc), then I'd be more concerned about sentiment risk than value demonstration.

An alternative here would be to try to engage higher in the organization, as if there still is an imperative to realize the ROI that your solution promises, the higher exec would be interested in seeing that.