Playbook Deletion

Related products: None

We're looking to do some consolidation of playbooks across our teams.  With this, we'll be deleting old playbooks.  However, we still need historical reporting on those CTAs.  Is there a way to not have the playbook disappear from reporting when you delete the playbook?

Example: I have three playbooks that I'm going to consolidate into 1, and then, delete the other two.  I still need to report on the historical CTAs associated with those playbooks I'm deleting.  Once I delete them, the playbook is no longer associated with them, so I can no longer pull historical reporting by playbook.
Hi Heather,

We are coming up with an option to deactivate the playbook. Deactivated playbook will not show up in cockpit or rules engine but you will be able to report on them.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can probably not delete the playbooks but append 'Old' to playbook name, so that the CSMs don't use them.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Thanks, Nitisha!  That's a good work around.  We were trying to eliminate how many playbooks we have to include in the reporting as well, but this will definitely work for now.
Doing some more playbook clean up, and this as well as Deactivating Playbooks are on my mind again.  Just wanted to put this back on the radar.
Any updates on this?
@nitisha_rathi Has there been any updates on this? 2 years ago you said you were working on a way to deactivate playbooks but no updates since.

@dan_ahrens

Any update on adding the ‘Disable’ playbook functionality? +1 from our org on its usefulness.

@dan_ahrens 

@jess_hall 

@jeremy_johnston sorry for the inconvenience. Considering this as high priority post and redirecting this to the product team.

While we don’t have this in our inmediate roadmap, playbooks revamp is something we are planning to ship by this year.

@sai_ram @sriram pasupathi and @jeremy_johnston nice to see this revised and more definitively on the road map.