Dependent Picklist Support

Related products: None

It would be helpful to support dependent picklist configurations from the C360 or R360 pages.  Today, if you update the GS Relationship object to build a dependent picklist, Gainsight's backend does not allow the record to save if an invalid option is chosen.  But it also doesn't support limiting the values shown.  Gainshight should inherit this configuration from Salesforce and use it on its page layouts.
Hi Jame, Sorry for the inconvenience, we are investigating the possibilities. I will update you here once we consider this feature . Thanks for posting 🙂
Hi Gainsight Product, Any update on the request to support dependent picklists?  I've worked with several other companies that are very interested in this option.  Thank you!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Honoring dependencies on the picklists values from Salesforce.

In Salesforce, there is an ability to apply configurable dependencies on a field - if the opportunity type is 'Renewal', then in the forecast picklist field, just show relevant fields such as 'At Risk', 'Renewal will happen', 'Will churn' vs. if the opportunity type is 'New Business, just show 'Upside', 'Commit', 'Close' etc in the forecast picklist field. When we pull these fields into the linked objects, we lose these dependencies, and therefore the user can see all the available values in picklist. How can I enable user to see only relevant values in this picklist in the linked object?

Have there been any updates on this topic?

@alanclos  @Lee Peterson 

Highly valuable in CTA’s especially

+1, any updates here? This is critical for us. 

@cmultanen This is also in our near term road-map to address this soon!

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been partially considered and included as part of the v6.19 release. With this release, CSMs can now add the dependent picklist values defined by the Admin in the CTA Detail View. Each dependent picklist always has a controlling picklist. The dependent picklist values are populated based on the values selected in the controlling picklist. 

IMPORTANT: This enhancement is only applicable to the customers on Cockpit Horizon Experience (NXT).

Thanks for posting!

@rakesh_lingala thanks for the update! Does this apply to SFDC picklists too or just MDA fields?

HI @rakesh_lingala 

Are there steps on how to implement this? The docs appear to just say that its fixed with a short video but i’m not having luck figuring out how to implement. 

Hoping i’m missing something small here. 

thanks,

Cody

@rakesh_lingala thanks for the update! Does this apply to SFDC picklists too or just MDA fields?

Hello @cmultanen, The Dependent Picklist Support is only applicable to just MDA fields.

Thanks!

@rakesh_lingala  can this be implemented on fields on the company object as well?