Deleting Timeline Activities

Related products: CS Timeline

How do I delete a timeline activity? I can't change the type of activity once I've logged it either.
I had a request for this

This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Deleting timeline entries as an Admin

As an admin I would expect to be able to delete all entries regardless of who created them, first of all what if that user leaves and there is a need to delete some timeline entries, but secondly what about system-admin created entries? We have a load of milestones that have been dropped on accounts incorrectly by a rule that was set-up with the wrong filters and now I can’t delete them. 

Yes, we will enable this soon.

Ability to change the activity type by CSMs as well as ability to make mass update/ delete by admins is planned in the short term. Tentatively, end of Q2.

Great news @nitisha_rathi - just checking is the work on track for end of Q2 still?

@nitisha_rathi - what are your thoughts on allowing an admin to edit and/or delete entries created by others?

It is needed and is on our roadmap. We may get to it by Q3 or Q4 this year.

Within the consideration could you also please include the ability to update via rules? 

We would like to write-back to existing timeline entries with additional information from Salesforce that is added/updated on the event via a workflow. 

Currently we still have to do most of our meeting reporting on SF for this reason which is a shame an impacts on GS adoption across senior leaders. 

I'm a bit surprised that this feature idea has been standing for such a long time. I would assume that at least admins are able to delete timeline entries. I am facing the problem today, so looking forward to the solution coming up...

Any update on this? 

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.18 release (SFDC / NXT). With this release, the Activity configuration window includes an Activity Type field. This allows users to change the Activity Type after the activity is created without having to delete the record and lose their progress.

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!

What was the outcome of enabling an Admin to delete a timeline entry?  We create Milestones through rules (so they get the creator ID of the system Administrator) and some were created in error and we need to delete them.  How would I do that?

@dan_ahrens  - would love the ability as an admin to delete entries! WE are doing a major cleanup and this is a gap. 

I’ve updated the status to partially fixed as the original request actually had two use cases: 
1) ability to change the activity type
2) ability for admins to delete timeline activities created by others

1 has been delivered but 2 is still outstanding. 

+1 for allowing admins to delete timeline activities created by others. I’ve had several instances where newly-onboarded members of the team were logging duplicate activities for emails (because they used the plugin as well) and I’m having to manually tag each one. It’s painful for me, and painful for the users.

@Chirag you’ll want to follow this thread. :)

Allowing admins to delete a timeline entry is something on our long term roadmap. Tentative ETA is end of this year/early next year.

+1 from me. Admins should be able to delete timelines by others users either because there were testing and don’t clean up their own mess or because they leave and there were data quality issues.

Necro-ing this back from the abyss - to Dan’s point, admins should be able to delete other user’s activity entries.

Allowing admins to delete a timeline entry is something on our long term roadmap. Tentative ETA is end of this year/early next year.

Any update on this please?

@Chirag , pinging you back on this thread

Now Admin users can delete activity from Timeline irrespective of any author. 

Partially FixedImplemented

Now Admin users can delete activity from Timeline irrespective of any author. 

Thanks for updating this long sought after thread @venkatesh.

cc, @Bhawya, @mandy_major, @neelam_mukherjee