Default note templates for certain activity types

Related products: CS Timeline

The adoption of Note Templates currently relies on the end user to hit the "Apply Template" button, which is an extra click that might take users some time to incorporate into their workflow, especially if the template acts as more of a prescriptive guide than an immediate time saver. In order to drive consistent adoption and standardization across CSM teams, it would be helpful if admins could configure a default template to be pre-applied to certain Activity Types so it's not optional for end users.

Would also be cool if default templates could be populated based on selections in required dropdown lists. For example, a specific product line/module is selected, then a specific template for that module appears. This might be too complex but one can dream :)

@gunjanm 

I am looking for a default assignment of a template based on the Activity Type. Though @ana_g went above and beyond to make it excellent.

This would be super useful for more structured activities with dedicated types, like QBR’s or ABR’s where you’ve got an extensive template that you know should be used.

Finally rolled out Notes Templates to the team, only to find out I can’t make them required 😫 sooo bummed about this. One of our pain points is inconsistency in timeline notes, and this was going to really help us out. With more than 50 CSMs, creating accountability for note taking consistency is difficult to achieve without guidance from the product.

Please allow us to make note templates required/default apply when creating a new activity of that designated type.

+1, this would be a great enhancement to achieve consistency and simplify one of many CSM’s daily tasks.

I’m in favor of this enhancement, and also intrigued by it.

I sense Timeline in its original form (and I remember when it was released!) was primarily focused on documenting customer interactions, and an unstructured set of notes often satisfied that requirement. Now, as CS practices mature in sophistication, we want the Timeline to be not only for documentation, but to serve as an input to workflow and data analysis and next steps. With that advancement comes the requirements for Timeline Entries and their metadata to evolve with additional structure and standardization. It’s a cool development.

+1, this is a simple and effective means of streamlining our CSM activity time. By enabling a default note template for a particular activity type, our CSM’s can provide regular updates without needing to select a template every time. Small task but at scale is a time and effort saver that would be well received by our team and our business. Great idea!

@Bhawya could you pl share the latest on this Request, update the status?

Thanks everyone for sharing the use cases. We will look into this and update this thread once we plan the way forward.

No StatusAcknowledged

Updated idea statusNo StatusAcknowledged

@Bhawya Any updates?

I just received this exact request from our Team. We have a specific Timeline Activity Type where the Notes needs to always be in a specific format. The automatic application of a notes template would exactly solve their needs.

We just started using the note templates as a knowledge transfer opportunity between our Implementation Managers and CSMs. A template automatically generated based on the Activity Type would be super helpful! 

Let’s get some more attention on this one! It’s such a great low hanging fruit opportunity to collect structured, consistent information in Timeline. The note templates concept is already there -- let’s now just give it an option to be populated by default for relevant types.

AcknowledgedUnder Consideration

We would like this feature too!