Decision Trees in Playbooks

Related products: None

Hi all,

A quick question around playbooks. We are looking at implementing new playbooks for our 2020 CS strategy. 

One thing we want to do is be able to give decisions a bit like the below:

Q: Is the implementation by - A) Partner

B) Our PS team?

If A is selected it creates one set of tasks, if B is selected if creates another set of tasks.

Hopefully that makes sense and any help is greatly appreciated.

Would this be similar to this request: https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/variant-email-templates-in-email-assist-3212

Hi John,

This would be different, we want the flow of tasks to change dependent on an answer.

Thanks

Will 

Hi Will,

This functionality doesn’t exist within Playbooks themselves, but I think you could potentially accomplish this using rules to create CTAs and apply a specific playbook based on the implementation team.

Thanks @lila_meyer, I thought this may be the case.

The challenge we have is that a lot of these require options we may not have data on, so for example the two decisions could be 1) Follow resolution plan (but we dont have those in Gainsight as Support use a different system) or 2) Escalate to VP Global Customer Support. 

I think we will have to rethink how we play this. I could use rules to create CTAs but we also want the CSM to have visibility of the situation at all times hence why we liked the playbook option.

Thanks for your help.

Will 

Hi @Will Pagden 

Thanks for sharing this. Quick question: where will the end-user answer the question? Are these fields on a CTA?

Note: Changing this to an idea post. 

Hi @Will Pagden 

Thanks for sharing this. Quick question: where will the end-user answer the question? Are these fields on a CTA?

Note: Changing this to an idea post. 

@aditya_marla - They ideally would answer in a drop down and dependent on answer the next task is populated. Different tasks dependent on the answer.