Date filters in Rules Engine

Related products: None

It would be nice to have a date filter with in the rules engine that will enable me to filter like the filters in the report builder. ie current year, last year and this year etc to compliment the ones that are already there. I am trying to set up a CTA but only for data emantaing from a Current Quarter

Hi Oscar, Can you share a bit more about the CTA you're trying to trigger and for what data? 

I am trying to set up a CTA that is based on the Closed Won status for this year. From what I can see in the drop down I can only state that the date is greater or less than a particular date. My thinking it would be great if we get Current Fiscal Year option

Hi Oscar,

Are you running this rule on periodic basis (like daily / weekly) ? or is it a one time rule ?

This rule will be running daily

Got it.

Since its runnin daily, would it work if you brought in only recent data...ex: You want to create an CTA when a opportunity is closed....the rule will run daily, bring in oportunities closed yesterday & create a CTA.

Would that work for you in the meanwhile?

We need this for a different use case….we’re calculating the % of accounts a CSM has connected with (logged a timeline entry for) in the last year, quarter, month. We’ve created check boxes on the Company object and populate them via a rule if they meet the criteria so all customers are included, even (and most importantly) those with 0 activity records. Currently, we have to manually update our rules to say look at activities after Jan 1 2020, etc. It’s a manual update each time. YTD/QTD/MTD options would allow us to run this as a truly ‘automatic’ rule.

+1!
I’m currently trying to wrap my head around how to have a “last quarter” account-level CSAT calculation in Rules Engine but doesn’t seem to be possible? 

Hi all,

Will consider making all the date literals in filters more consistent across the product in the medium-term horizon. We will share any updates here as we drive this forward. 

Hi all,

Will consider making all the date literals in filters more consistent across the product in the medium-term horizon. We will share any updates here as we drive this forward. 

Thank you! Ran into this issue again (needing previous quarter filter in Rules Engine). Updates/ETA is always appreciated :)

Hi @rakesh,

I have the same need here, wanting to create a rule that looks at activity in the current quarter. Would be awesome to have the same date filter possibilities as in the Report Builder.

Has there been any progress on this topic?

Thank you for the update!

This is not a near term change Gareth but we definitely are progressing in that direction. One of the enhancement we are doing is expanding date comparison operators. 

This screenshot is from Data Designer (upcoming release). 

Changing the status accordingly.

https://community.gainsight.com/ideas/current-quarter-and-last-quarter-calculation-in-rules-engine-43160