Date field Gainsight Survey

Related products: None

I'd like to be able to have a recipient answer a survey question with a date. i.e. The question is "can you give us an estimated target completion date?". I'd like to be able to collect a date object from that response so I can trigger time-centric CTAs. I'm collecting a text field now that at least gets me the info but if I could collect a date field I think I could take it a step further.
Hi Tim,

Thanks for bringing out this excellent use case. This would be super helpful while collecting dates in survey, however i would wait and look for other customers who have same use case and then add it to team roadmap for execution
We also have the need for a survey answer date option.  We poll our clients to know when they are going to start planning for their upcoming registrations.   Based on that answer, a date, we launch CTAs for our success team to revamp their marketing materials and ensure their registration is a success.  Having a date field would be AMAZING!  
We have a need for this in an internal survey. We use it to collect data from our professional services team and then push their answers to Salesforce. One piece of info we look for is a date.

We have a need for this as well. We want to start collecting health scores via surveys and one of the fields we want to them to fill out is a date field

Great suggestion!

@vikram any thoughts on this idea?

@dan_ahrens This is a good use case. Thanks for bringing it up. I will add as part of “Simplify” theme

@dan_ahrens This is a good use case. Thanks for bringing it up. I will add as part of “Simplify” theme

Thanks for the update! changed the status accordingly.

We have a need for this as well, asking for an estimated completion date and also want to trigger a reminder CTA based on this. 

Hi all, acknowledging this request. We have added this into our backlog for consideration.

Hi there, 

We also have a need for this too! We would like to create a CTA off the back of a date submitted in a survey so we know when to start the onboarding processes for our customers. Also if their onboarding date is significantly in the future we want to to be able to have a keeping in touch programme based on this date.

I hope this is something that can be added very soon!

Hello,

We also have a need for this. I am currently creating a survey to collect target project completion date. We will also be adding a question to target date to begin onboarding.

Thanks!

Thanks all - we will keep you posted once we are able to determine a tentative date by when we could make this available. 

@richa_bala  News on this?

Much needed and is a base feature of practically every other survey tool out there… with all the different ways to write dates globally, a string field just DOES NOT suffice and would render it impossible to actually collect dates in a usable way. Upgrade dates, last upgrade date, migration date… literally every date related info must be collected as a date question type. 

This is much needed use case. 

@manu_mittal could you share anything in this regard?

@anirbandutta Have you seen any responses to this internally?

This came up in a survey for us recently and I would love this ability.

Best,

Ben Wanless

Any update on if this is still under consideration??

Our organization would love to see this as well - we have a similar use case to those above

We just had a VP share some feedback that they were very disappointed that Gainsight doesn’t have a date picker option in surveys.  So hopefully we will see progress here soon.

As pointed out above, a date picker would be great for collecting this data!

Even if clarified that the format should be mm/dd/yyyy, some errors may occur when entering values ​​manually, especially when the audience is outside the US. A data picker is much more user-friendly and less prone to errors. 

Date picker

I had a requirement today to capture a date on a survey and was surprised this field format is not available. I’ve added my vote for this idea!

Just upvoted this.

Our use case is very similar to what others have shared. We’re building a survey for our internal teams and one thing we would like to know is related with a date. Without a date picker and having the answer as text will make it mostly unusable