Datapoints in charts

Related products: None

Hi team,

One of our customers has a suggestion for improvement where currently datapoints are not shown for every value. So it is suggested to be showing datapoints for every value regardless of the percentage on Normal bar charts as well as stacked charts.

Please share your thoughts.

Hi @rvinny 

The problem with showing all the values it that the data points often overlap with each other. This would make a lot of other charts outright unusable.

Is it possible to share the usecase / chart to see if the ask is for a specific scenario which we can accommodate. 

Hi @rakesh ,

Yes, It would look cluttered with all datapoints showing in the chart. 

There isn’t a specific use case though. But the customer is insisting on having an option to show all datapoints.

Thanks

RInton Vinny

@rvinny Thanks for brining this up here!

I also wan to see how does other customer react to this.

@All, please leave your comments here.

I agree that it tends to look cluttered when you add them all depending on the amount of data displayed in the chart.  I think the main issue we run into is not being able to tell when there is a 0 for a bar when there is a lot of data.  Maybe it would work if you were able to adjust the labels like you can in Excel?

Perhaps it should be an option to show all or revert to today’s rule.  I have created plenty of simple graphs (i.e. trouble tickets by product type) where only the first few bars show a value and the rest of the bars show nothing.  Yes, they are smaller in comparison, but a graph that shows numbers on the first 4 bars and not the next 3 (for example) is just odd.  Certainly makes people think that the graph has errors by not showing consistency.