There are some things I'm discovering would make them work even better:
- 'Favorite' fields: I find myself adding the same Account and Customer Info fields to every data space, since they hold info about the customer's type, tier, products, contract dates, and health. It would be great for these to always be more readily available. There are many ways to skin that cat, such as: making them always available in the Report/Rule/etc. when there's an Account ID in the Data Space; or making them appear at the top of the Data Space builder's list of fields; or putting them in a collapsed section within the Data Space builder's list of fields with an "Add All" button
- When I'm building a Data Space from a very detail-level object -- like NPSSurvey Response, or Opportunity Product -- I have to drill several times to get to fields on, say, the Account. It would be nice if the search box for field names also returned results from within the objects that I haven't explicitly expanded.
- There are times when I'm mousing through the list of fields, and the Add Field and Add Filter buttons are blocked by the Mac scrollbar, as shown here: https://cl.ly/3T0N0N161q0R
- It's a chore to rename the fields to something that indicates which object they come. It would be better if the field picker in Reports, Rules, etc. were a hierarchical set of submenus, so that I can navigate from object to object; or, if that field picker indicated which object that field was from.
- I'm sure that this goes without saying, but it will be great to have Data Spaces in Vault! 🙂
- As I build out an array of Data Spaces, I'm going to lose track of what on earth I built them for. In the Data Space Manager, it would be great to see [i]where each Data Space has been used.
- When I'm using a Data Space, and I realize that I forgot to add a field, it's a chore to open a new tab, navigate to Data Space Manager, find that Data Space, and click Edit. Instead, it would be great if there were a 1-click hop from the Report/Rule/etc. directly to the editing interface for that particular Data Space.
- As a SQL expert, it's intuitive to me that certain Data Spaces will yield multiple "copies" of the same record. (For example, if I create a Data Space on Opportunity Product, and then create a report based on it that lists out just the Opportunity Name, then the same Opportunity can be listed repeatedly, once for each Product that's attached to it.) I really don't have a solution to propose here, but some sort of warning would be helpful for folks less experienced with constructing database queries.