Data Space as Source for Calculated Fields in Programs

Related products: None

I’m trying to use a calculated field in a program for the first time and being able to reference a Data Space field would make it much, much easier (especially given that it’s used in the query).

Specifically, I’m trying to determine if a contact joins a Community Group between email sends. The Salesforce Group Object is difficult to work with as it doesn’t contain account and contact objects, however we have a custom Data Space that does. Why aren’t Data Spaces available as a source for calculated fields?

What about Data Designer? That should create a custom MDA object if you save the build and have it refresh.

Unfortunately we are a few versions behind and are trying to get caught up so I don’t have experience with Data Designer yet. Looking forward learning more about it once we are up to date.

@kelly Did you get a chance to work on Data Designer? Is this issue solved? please let us know if you need any help here.

@sai_ram working with a TAM we were able to get it working without the use of data designer, so I haven’t had a chance to work in it yet.

@sai_ram working with a TAM we were able to get it working without the use of data designer, so I haven’t had a chance to work in it yet.

@kelly here is the link of Data Designer article. Please go thought his in your free time for more information. You will have awesome reporting experience with this. 

@sai_ram I have had the chance to read up on Data Designer and while I agree with the post tag that using that is a workaround, it’s not great. It’s duplicative to have to recreate a dataset in data designer that already exists as a data space. 

Why is it that I can’t use a field from a data space as a calculated field, but I can create a data design, make that a data space, and then those fields can be a calculated field?

Why is it that I can’t use a field from a data space as a calculated field, but I can create a data design, make that a data space, and then those fields can be a calculated field?

Still curious on the logic here as to how a data space can’t be referenced for a calculated field, but a DD which creates a data space can be.