Data Operation: Include Filtered Record Count

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

The Data Operation feature is Great! Really helps admins maintain data hygiene being able to delete/edit records without needing to open a ticket (GS Support, btw, always great to work with).

Would be helpful though, if when you've filtered for a set of records, the UI displayed a count of records within the filtered set. As it is today, even after filters are applied, the count at the top of the page is the total number of records:

The only way, I've been able to confirm the number of records within my filtered set, is to scroll to the bottom and hit 'Next Page' until I'm at the end– which in some cases, going to the next page 50 records at a time, can take a lot of page turning.

Current use case:

We have relationship records that I'd like to delete from MDA. To identify which relationships I want to delete, I've added a new variable ("Delete") for a custom pick-list field we have called "Relationship Status".

I can easily filter for these relationships in Data Operation by just using Gainsight Connect to update these values in MDA and then applying a filter in Data Operation. But before running a mass-deletion, to confirm the number of records that I'm about to delete, I have to flip through the pages of all filtered records.

Would be much easier if the number of filtered records was just displayed on the page.

Pele, last I tried, it doesn't do a mass delete. It only deletes the records that are displaying on your screen, one page at that time. I posted about that somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Here it is: https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/enhance-deletion-of-company-records-5bc73f2fe4b084c623191a15

Here it is: Enhance Deletion of Company Records

Ah, missed that post. Agreed on all fronts 🙂

And yeah, similar to how you described in #1 of your post, I wound up checking "all", going to the next page, checking "all" again and so on until I was at the end of my filtered records.

Great feature, but could benefit from some usability enhancement.

Hi Pele,

We're taking up this enhancement of allowing to delete all filtered records along with some others, have posted details here on Jeff's post.