Data Mgmt Dependencies: Need faster way to identify where a field is being used

Related products: None

I appreciate that we have the ability to identify field dependencies, however when you have a large number of rules, reports, etc it takes a lot of effort to go through every single one looking for a field. Would be incredibly helpful to be able to have a quick search at the top of the Dependencies page and have it pull back only resources in which a field is being used (mockup below)

It has taken me over an hour to figure out where a particular field is being used.

Similar post here: https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/show-mda-dependencies-by-field-5cdee829e4b0a6b340917dee

Yes very similar (and I even liked that one!! lol)

I'd settle for just a search though...

Understood your request and we do have plans to improve this.

Thanks for bringing this up!

FYI.. we have one other way to identify the dependencies is via Gainsight Analyzer.

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.13 release. With this release, C360/R360 layout field dependencies are tracked and visible for each object from the Data Management page, and fields with layout dependencies cannot be deleted until the dependency is removed.

This feature is implemented only in the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!

Why only NXT?  Not everyone is in a position to go to NXT.  This is a real pain point in SFDC edition too.