Data management objects view - add number of records

Related products: None

Hey everyone,

In Data management, under Gainsight Data objects, where we have tee entire list of objects with a few attribute fields, it would be useful to see the number of records as well.

Use case: since there's no delete functionality available for admins, we find ourselves manually "refreshing" objects on a regular basis and it's easy to lose track of what you've already deleted when there are a lot of them.

Does anyone else feel the need for this?

Thanks,

Lucian

Hi Lucian

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you give a few more details regarding the use case.

1. Are you talking of the ability to delete an Object or records in an object? If there are no dependencies, the object can be deleted and the records of the object can be cleared from the Data operations page.

2. The number of records are present inside the object details (When you click on an object to view the schema in Data management page) and is also available in the Data operations page.

Regards

Preethi

Hey Preethi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not refering to the ability to delete objects/records this time.

I would find it useful to have another column in Data management to display the number of records under each object, without the need to actually click on it.

For example

Name Records

Company 5000

Person 12000

That would be helpful in my scenario.

Thanks,

Lucian

@lucianluta Thanks for quick response! could you please hlep us with a use-case.

It's a quick check on the number of records, it would be helpful when manually deleting records from a table and trying to keep track.

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for your response. 

We will look into this and see if we can add the number of records in the object listing page

Thank you

Preethi