Data Designer Date Filter by Fiscal Year

Related products: None

In Data Designer, you can filter by Calendar Year and Quarter but not Fiscal. This would be great to have by Fiscal as we have our FY from 2/1 - 1/31 instead of calendar.

In reporting, this can be done on FY so would be great to have this in DD filtering as well

@andreammelde thank you for sharing it here, as per my knowledge we have this in our road-map.

I will cross check once again with Product team and ask them to leave a comment here. 

Hi @andreammelde 

I will explore more around this one with the team.

Meanwhile, there is a common workaround with SFDC's Period object.

[SFDC Edition or Hybrid] I’ve had to make use of the Period object and bring in a column that represents the start of the period that contains Jan 1 of the current year and Jan 1 of the next year and then filter on whatever date I have >= Jan 1 of current year and < Jan 1 of next year. Takes a little effort to get it right. It’s also a little easier if you are using Fiscal Year instead of Calendar Year because the period object usually contains fiscal periods.

We would really benefit from this feature as well - hope it is being implemented soon!

Could really use this as well!

Workaround AvailableIN DEVELOPMENT

Would love this feature, commenting to get updates @rakesh 

@rakesh wondering if there’s an update on Fiscal Periods as a filter in DD? Could use this for some quarterly reporting we’re hoping to do. 😊