Dashboard Stats

Related products: None

It would be great for Admins to have a way to see dashboard visits. I'd love to be able to see how often certain dashboards are used and by whom. With the every growing list of reports my teams want to see in dashboards, it would be great to be able to say "Well, this one isn't being used, so I'm going to delete it." 🙂
Thanks Heather. Great idea to track Dashboard usage. I will add this to the existing roadmap and update you as and when we work on this!!
Yes this is great!  I would like to see this expanded to other areas of GS as well...so we can internally track who our power users are.
Is this still on the Gainsight roadmap? It would be very valuable to see dashboard usage.

#Needs.

It's that wonderful time in every Admins list things to do, Reporting and Dashboard Audit Time! Even just to see the last time the dashboard itself was viewed, would be amazing!

Going through 100+ Dashboards doesn't sound fun.

+Infinite for this!

Is there any update on this?

Adding my vote to it - it’s definitely something that would be super useful for Admins.

We’d like this ability also.

Any idea when/if this might be delivered?  I think it’s an ideal feature for a new Admin with an old GS instance.  I’m looking to use this as a clean up tool, what dashboards aren’t being used and can be removed, etc. 

I’ve asked for something like this before and was told to ask my GS COM, who told me they couldn’t get that granular at the moment with a report like that to send me. Or, if they could they didn’t want to bother.

This level of detail is super key for dashboard adoption - is a new dashboard used? Did changes to an existing dashboard increase or decrease usage? Questions you can’t really answer if all the dashboards are lumped together.

@sudarshan_vig or @sai_kumar now that it’s been four years can we get an update on this pretty please?

Hi All,

I understand that tracking the usage of dashboards and reports is key to improve and have a clean/useful dashboard list. We are working on adding an object where you can report on the usage of reporting and dashboards. This is something we can look forward to in short term.

Hi All,

I understand that tracking the usage of dashboards and reports is key to improve and have a clean/useful dashboard list. We are working on adding an object where you can report on the usage of reporting and dashboards. This is something we can look forward to in short term.

Awesome! Would this be at least some time in 2021?

Following up on @bradley ‘s question here - any idea whether we can get this sooner? 

This is a great addition for my G360.

Hi All.  I’m very excited to share that with the new Horizon Analytics product, you’ll have access to a new MDA object called GS Asset Usage Tracking that will allow you to analyze your own usage of Reports and Dashboards to find out how often they are being used, by whom, when they were last used, etc. 

This is pretty huge news and we’re super excited about giving you the power to explore and drive adoption directly within your instance of Gainsight!

@dan_ahrens :D I have the beta and don’t see it in my org - I’m guessing it will be included as part of the actual GA rollout?

@dan_ahrens :D I have the beta and don’t see it in my org - I’m guessing it will be included as part of the actual GA rollout?

That’s odd. You’re not seeing it under Matrix Data?

@dan_ahrens Correcto - I tried scrolling down as well as searching. I also checked in Data Management and don’t see it listed there either. 

@rakesh - any ideas for Bradley here?

Hi Bradley, this object will automatically be created when we ship horizon analytics. This object will only track the usage of the newer reports, not the old reports

Hi Bradley, this object will automatically be created when we ship horizon analytics. This object will only track the usage of the newer reports, not the old reports

@rakesh Just to clarify - I’m in the beta right now so I have Horizon Analytics (at least in some form) on my production instance. You’re saying I won’t have access to the object until the GA release? Just want to make sure!

@rakesh just wanted to follow up on my above comment ^^ thanks!

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC (Link) & NXT (Link) versions. Horizon Analytics has new capabilities such as responsive charts and dashboards, flexible dashboards with more widgets (Image, Web Page, Rich Text), etc. 

Following are the major advantages of Horizon Analytics:

• New and improved User Interface based on the Gainsight Horizon Design System.

• Easy access to a list of Reports and Dashboards.

• Easy to share your Report and Dashboard through PPT or Link.

• Ability to retrieve the deleted Reports or Dashboards from the Trash folder.

• Easy to enable/disable the Report data downloads (including external links)

• Easy to enable/disable the lazy loading of Report Widgets.

• Easy to select the Color Palette, either Gainsight Defaults or Custom Colors.

• Simplified drag and drop capability for adding fields to the Report.

• Allows you to analyze your own usage of Reports and Dashboards.

Thanks for posting!