Dashboard Alias - Rename Dashboard Widgets

Related products: None

I wish it were possible to rename dashboard reports to something besides the report name. I use very descriptive report names so I may distinguish them from one another, e.g.: “Renewals by Count and MRR $ CY and NY”. This coding doesn’t necessarily resonate on my executive dashboard :)

Any consideration for being able to alias a dashboard widget to something cleaner than report name?

:100:

A related request: please allow aliases in drilldown list views when clicking on a dashboard widget or graph from report builder. It would be great to also assign aliases to column headers. 

+100, this would be super helpful for adding additional context or changing the wording based on the dashboard’s intended audience. 

Yes please.  We also have naming conventions we use to keep reports straight, and it would be super helpful to be able to rename them in the dashboard so that the end user doesn’t see the backend name

This would be great - I just made a dashboard with a series of widgets that all do the same thing for different subsets of data (CTAs in this case). To keep the widgets straight I had to name them weird things, but when they are on a dashboard, I just use text widgets to section out my dashboard so the widgets related to the same subset of data are under one banner.

If I could have a short, descriptive display name for those widgets the dash would look at lot cleaner. If you included the ‘original’ report name on mouseover like the description, that would still enable end-users to indicate which report they are referring to as well (if you re-use the same alias).

@rakesh could you take a look at this thread

A related request: please allow aliases in drilldown list views when clicking on a dashboard widget or graph from report builder. It would be great to also assign aliases to column headers. 

This should be possible today. With HA you can rename columns in drilldown report as well. 

This should be possible today. With HA you can rename columns in drilldown report as well. 

What about aliasing the name of the report/widget itself?

This would be amazing to have a ‘friendly name’.  We have a similar naming convention for our reports, and CSMs and Managers often ask to change the name of the report.  Simply because it the title of the report doesn’t fit on Dashboard.