Custom Headers/Footers for Email Templates

Related products: CS Journey Orchestrator, Email & Notifications

Would love the option to have a repository of custom headers and footers that could then be added to email templates. These could be legalese/privacy policy type things, or a set of hyperlinks to other resources, etc. Rather than having to recreate each time, or copy paste from previous templates, just being able to drag and drop within the editor would save time. Especially if there needs to be an update to the language, where it makes more sense to do it once for the many, rather than many for the one.

Yeah - like Snippets in Marketo emails. I am new to Gainsight email templates, but I feel like there is a layer missing - a template layer ABOVE the current template editor, that determines things like content container width, background color, a global logo header/address footer, etc etc.

I agree. I recently started working with Email Templates and immediately felt the need of custom Headers/Footers. Any improvement over existing Image editing/sizing will be great.

Hello All,
We are revamping our template building experience which will address this requirement as well. Please allow us to come back to you on update on this.

Any update on this @chethana ?  We are looking to customized the footer and link to a Custom URL Preference Center that we maintain.  Thanks! 

Hi @chethana , do we have any updates on this? I know a few additional users who would benefit from this.

A note from my experience with Emails … Gainsight PX automatically adds a footer with an unsubscribe link, and I think a link to view the email in a browser. As a Gainsight user, we do not have access to view or edit that footer. 

My understanding is that the unsubscribe just creates a flag on the Gainsight user record so that user doesn’t receive future emails from Gainsight. It doesn’t communicate with any other opt-out lists your company may have.

@ssamarth this one needs a refresher on where we are at.

Could we get an update on this? I would like to know where this idea might fall on the roadmap before we start converting all of our emails that were built in the old email editor to the new email builder.

@zdsiegert @JayS  We are working on providing a Out of Box capability to customize the email preferences footer (with external link). This is planned in next two quarters.

@JayS Unsubscribe all opts out that user from all email categories which were linked to that email. There is also a global flag in Person object which puts a blanket opt out.

@dayn.johnson This is something we are planning in next year. However we have improved the edit experience of old templates in new editor. Do check that out.

Generally, I think it would be awesome if this repository could also include a way to have one template but just change out blocks in the template or versioning the blocks, so that we wouldn’t have to maintain 20 full versions of certain emails and just be able to change some bits in the middle.