Under Consideration

CTAs: Allow ability to set CTA Reason at Playbook level

• 14 June 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
In most cases, when a CTA gets created using a defined playbook, we have a specific Reason we want to define for that CTA.   This includes when a CSM manually creates a CTA and attaches a playbook.  

We have some issues where CSMs select the wrong CTA Reason when creating a new CTA and assigning a playbook and this throws off our reporting.   It would be helpful to be able to pre-determine a reason code at the playbook level so that when the CSM creates a CTA it automatically inherits the reason code.  There could be an override capability, with a prompt that says something like "You are overriding the pre-defined Reason for this CTA.  Do you wish to continue?"

Perhaps the "Attach playbook" should be moved up earlier in the creation process so as to accomodate an inherited Reason.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
I might go even further, Jeff, and say that the whole CTA-Playbook kit'n'kaboodle should be able to be selected from a menu of options. There are certain CTAs that are as-needed procedural steps, or significant projects that get spun up for a customer as needed. I don't want a CSM to have to think about what the CTA's name, reason, priority, playbook, etc. are supposed to be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I do agree that the method of selecting Playbooks as part of a CTA needs to be improved, but for the "significant projects" though, couldn't that be incorporated into a Success Plan template?  I am really thinking of this idea as applying to those as-needed situations. 

Perhaps we should also, at the playbook level, include an option as "Manually Selectable" so that only certain playbooks are visible for the CSM to select when creating a CTA.
Userlevel 6
Badge
I agree with Jeff on this feature request.  I just had to through the default reason tonight and move the CTAs to the appropriate reason.  And, with the requirement for many reasons for reporting, it is a bit much to ask the CSM to remember which reason goes with which playbook, especially for the more ambiguous CTAs that could fall under one or more reasons.  With a playbook, we know the type (risk, event, etc.)--the reason should be a part of the playbook as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Any chance of this getting implemented soon?  Definitely would take the hassle out of CSMs selecting the wrong Reason Code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for sharing this,I've tagged our PM to take a look into this.