CTA Task based on Task Close Date

Related products: None

Hello - 

We have playbooks with tasks that are based upon a predecessor Task Close Date. The challenge we’re having is that those tasks show NA until the predecessor is closed. I know I can change it to Task Due Date and see the dates, but if a predecessor closes late or early then the successor task won’t change. Is there any other way to do this to resolve the issue of the NA dates?

Thanks!

@tammy_c As of my knowledge there is no way to do it today. I will also confirm with the product team and get back to you on this. Thanks!!

@tammy_c I toyed around with this a lot - unfortunately not possible. The big thing I would ideally like here is the ability to not even show the task with NA due date until the dependent task is completed, i.e. not even create it until later. 

@tammy_c changing this to the idea post and redirecting this to the product team.

@tammy_c Like Sairam has mentioned, we don’t have this today. But, I would like to get more clarity on your use case. Do you want each task due date to be dependent on a previous task? Can you please elaborate your use case?

@tammy_c Like Sairam has mentioned, we don’t have this today. But, I would like to get more clarity on your use case. Do you want each task due date to be dependent on a previous task? Can you please elaborate your use case?

@tammy_c did get a chance to view the comments here?

@tammy_c did get a chance to view the comments here?

@tammy_c Can you please elaborate your use case?

@tammy_c please share the use-case.

Sorry for the delay, CSMs want to be able to see when all the tasks are due, so ideally, if tasks that are based on task close date showed what the date will be according to the predecessor task due date until it closes then based on task close date, they’d be able to see the due dates. One of the reasons for this is that they may need to start that task days ahead in order to complete it by the planned due date, so without the date, they don’t have any guidance on when to start it. Let me know if that helps. Thanks

Thanks @tammy_c for the clarification and explaining explaining the use case. We don’t have any immediate plans to solve this but we will definitely consider this in our later roadmap.