CTA mass change when CSD assignment changes

Related products: None

CSD assignments on accounts change on a regular basis (shifting accounts, job changes, etc.). When that occurs, the open CTA's should automatically shift to the updated CSD. The number of open CTA's for a CSD portfolio of accounts can be very large; and having to change them manually one at at time is not ideal.
Agreed, changes to CTAs should be easily done in bulk whether it be changes to Owner or even status. In addition, the underlying Tasks need to propagate such changes.
JD & Anthony,

Spoiler alert...later this month we are planning to give Gainsight administrators a "mass edit" option that enables you to update CTAs AND tasks in one go.  You will be able to reassign ownership, change reason, change priority, change status or delete multiple records. Stay tuned for more details but it's absolutely a big step in the right direction.  Please don't tell anyone that you heard this from me...don't want to ruin the surprise.  :-)  

Elaine
Hi Elaine, now that the mass edit is out, agree it's a big step in the right direction. But back to JD/Jeff's request, mine as well, I wonder if it is on the roadmap to make the CTA ownership transfer even easier. if I understand the release note correctly, it would require a very detailed filter set-up to transfer ownership, in the common challenges I describe below it is not more time saving than doing it manually.  

1) one CSM who has 20-50 accounts left the company, with over 20-50 open CTAs. Many CTAs have playbooks triggered, meaning there are a lot of assignees to update at the task level 

2) his/her book is reassigned to the rest of the team (distributed across 3-5 persons)

Most of the organizers have one field to indicate the CSM assignment. I would appreciate if gainsight would consider a way that is smarter or more automated. The workflow I would imagine is 

1) SFDC user turned "inactive", notify gainsight admin 

2) gainsight admin review the "inactive user"s cockpit - close off or have their manager close off CTAs that can be closed; make sure the new CSMs have been reassigned in SFDC 

3) click a button or run a rule something to change the "assignee" on both CTA or task level from the "inactive user" in question to the newly assigned CSM to the specific account. 

If the current version of mass edit can achieve it already - great - please do let me know how. Thanks! 
You can reassign CTA and task ownership to the new CSM of the Account. Expect for the notification part, the other points you mentioned can be achieved. 
Hi Sidhu, 

Do you have a document to show an admin how to mass transfer CTAs and Tasks to the new CSM on the account?  

Thanks!
Here is a document with details on mass editing CTAs and Tasks for admins - 

https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/209573997-Mass-Edit-CTAs-and-Tasks
@sidhu to elaborate on this use case further, it would be great if we could not close the Mass Edit screen every time you perform a query.  We have a massive amount of account transfers happening at the end of this year including new reps coming on board, old reps leaving the company or transferring.  

I had one transferring rep that transferred 100 accounts to 10 different reps so then she had about 80 CTAs that she needed to reassign.  I could do it in the Mass Edit tool but it's about 15 clicks per person, which was a bit of a pain, especially because I was essentially just changing one name each time.  For now, I did Mass Edits for the cases where lots of accounts went from 1 rep to another. 

Hope that helps.  Happy to explain further by email as needed.
Hi Brandon,

Within one or 2 releases we will make the change to keep the Mass Edit screen open.

On a separate note, you should be able to reassign all CTA owned by the previous owner to the new Account owner in just one step by directly referencing a field on Account instead of reassigning to one rep at a time. 

Sidhu - thanks for bringing this to my attention!  It's good to know this is here but it's unfortunate that it's a bit of a hidden feature.  I would not know about it immediately looking at the page.
Point noted Brandon. We will look into providing tips or other mechanism to highlight this feature.
Sidhu - along with keeping the Mass Edit screen open, can you add the capability to save the fields and criteria as a "Scenario"? I repeat the same data migration of CTAs when Account Managers change, so it would make the process much more efficient to reuse the previous criteria and just change the name of the affected AM.
A rule that reassigns CTAs when accounts transition from one CSD (account manager) to another would solve this for our organization.  Under setup we could filter on reason (because some CTAs [i]shouldn't follow the account owner) AND assignee =/= CSD.  There would also need to be a "reassign" action.

Sidhu,

Where can I find the window you referred to in your comment? - 'Apply Actions'.

Thanks.
Even with the Mass Edit option available, it still makes more sense that once an account ownership was changed, all open CTA's assignment will change accordingly. Similarly to how Opportunities are treated on the SFDC side.

The admin should manually address exceptions only. The standard/obvious stuff should happen automatically following the account ownership change.
Any update or plan on this one? 

We need to run this process every week due to frequent account reassignments and using the Mass Edit is cumbersome and error-prone.

Are there plans to address this?

@stephanienardone Can you please elaborate your use case? Do you have challenges using CTA mass edit?